• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hot US Air Rumors.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it true the "Westies" had to pay up there union dues or face immediate termination?

It is true that there are some former AWA that went through a process by which they were required by law to pay the collective bargaining agent (USAPA). ALPA had the same rights, USAPA is just were a bunch of knuckle-dragging thieves about it.

I have paid up some time ago, and am a member in good standing. As such I have a huge problem with a few things:
1. USAPA attempted to sue a couple dozen former AWA pilots for alleged telephone "pranks", and miscellaneous web board comments. That law suit was DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE. What did USAPA do? They continued the pursuit. It has cost the members of USAPA over $250,000 in legal expenses. This would have been a great opportunity to get this group truly together, by dropping the law suit. If USAPA is not careful, this could backfire on them.
2. USAPA has now spent OVER 2.5 million dollars in legal expenses in the attempt to sideline the Nicolau Award. The DFR lawsuit was won last Spring with a standing injunction. The appeal for the DFR will be heard late this Winter. If that appeal fails, the only other avenue is the Supreme Court of the United States....don't think it will get that far, but it will cost a bunch of money. Don't forget, there is a damages trial to look forward to. For every day that passes, there is a potential for more damage money to be assessed. We could be talking a multi-million dollar settlement.
3. Instead of trying to run this union democratically, the USAPA leadership has done nothing but give themselves a huge raise and a couple of brand new cars for union business.
4. The new union's CBL are constructed such that the east pilot representatives will always have a majority, and as such can wield a big stick.

The good news, you ask? A bunch of the senior east guys are getting fed up with this mess and are attempting to do something about it with us.

The junior guys? They know that they will get the snap back, and that a merge with them and AA is just around the corner.....Oh, and they will teach the AA guys how to REALLY do a merged pilot seniority list correctly.....:nuts:

Has the b1tch biting started already?

Pretty funny sh!t right there! Ain't happenin - no matter what APASU says..........

Hell, look at their track record so far!

Sue away - at least She-man is gonna have a good Christmas!

:laugh:

Hey, it could happen! Yesterday, I was sitting in the basement, eating Fruit Loops and watching College Gameday, and a monkey flew out my ass! No really!:laugh:

Can't be any worse than that POS union called ALPA.
So far they have made ground that ALPA couldn't touch in the 40 years on the property.

Really? Such as?

If the "ground made" is the fastest DFR conviction in Federal Court history is what you're referring to then I guess I'd agree.

....and yet another West vs East bash!!
Don't you guys get tired of this $hit..
This group will NEVER share a cockpit together...
Too much has been said and done. The hatred runs wayyy too deep.
in the interest of SAFETY.......
The best outcome at this stage would be a divorce or chapter 7...
Enough said....

Enough said....

Nah. Professional adults can suck it up and act like professionals, right? Wait...nevermind. Oh..and I LOVE the "safety" rub. It truly is the pilot's version of "crying wolf".

....It might be a "rub" to you , but I'm sure the FAA and the INSURANCE Co. are taking notice....

LCC is done- good luck to the west guys in finding a way to stay in the industry. A lot of us from the outside you wish you well- you were victims of a caustic, bruised collection of egos behaving like six year olds. All of us in the industry know who has the problem.

Enough said....

Some people can do their jobs without letting their emotions get the best of them, Shirley.

Latest resources

Back