• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Horizon to furlough 40 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there ever going to be a cohesive national strategy of regional airline pilots to fix this problem? I don't have a horse in this race anymore, but it is just sad to see this happening to Horizon, which has been a good stable regional for many many years.

Alaska Air Group is more than happy to ******************** over the horizon guys. The rest of the Air Group can't be that far behind.

Gup

To update. They are recalling for a class of 10 in November. The furloughs have been cancelled and there will be upgrades. They don't think many people iwll be coming back so to fill the classof 10 they sent out 23 recall letters. There should be an announcement regarding new flying/domicile today or next week. (Rumor).
Anyone else have any info or heard any rumors? Attrition is through increasing and there have been over 20 leave in the last 2 months. (for Horizon that is a lot).

To update. They are recalling for a class of 10 in November. The furloughs have been cancelled and there will be upgrades. They don't think many people iwll be coming back so to fill the classof 10 they sent out 23 recall letters. There should be an announcement regarding new flying/domicile today or next week. (Rumor).
Anyone else have any info or heard any rumors? Attrition is through increasing and there have been over 20 leave in the last 2 months. (for Horizon that is a lot).
I think the revised decision is due to new rest and rigs. Read the the whole 145 pages and i think you be suprised of to y all companys are starting to recall. The company is not doing you a favor they just have to go with flow.:cartman:

Nevermind, just got my recall letter. The class is now for 20 on October 26th.
QCappy, very interesting. Especially Carlsbad, Modesto, and Oxnard.

Molesto is a big surprise. UA tried MOD-LAX, but that route didn't last long. If QX is adding flights out of SJC, maybe AS isn't too far behind.

40 pilots, 40 FA's and 40 Mechanics gone huh? So how many managers and office staff were let go as well? I mean it seems only fair they take their hit as well.

Their dispatch department has gone from 21 to 12. I'm told dispatch is the only dept. in their SOC that has seen furloughs. But crew scheduling keeps growing.

I read there was 100 mechanics ousted.

Latest resources

Back