• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Horizon pilots are well known in the industry as wimps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P-Dawg, I am crying that is so f'n funny. Like being called a wimp by a third grader....or a frenchman

Those "wimpy" QX pilots must have been new and not had a chance to visit the Cactus in YLW. I'll never divert from Kelowna again if it means a beer in that place.

Or Joey's for that matter. I have not had the pleasure of the Cactus yet.

I think the author of the piece is mad because the beer we served got him smashed on the way home and he got a canadian dui in his le car from the airport to the rock he lives under.

Here's a theory; Horizon pilots have one of the best contracts in the industry so if they divert, call in fatigue, cancel, etc., they are paid and covered for that flying unlike some other carriers. Makes the safe no go or other safety related decisions much easier knowing that there aren't negative compensation related outcomes unlike some other carriers, example - Mesa.

Where would you get that from?

The problem isn't the NDBs...It's the pilots that don't know how to use them for an approach. Not their fault, it's just another piloting skill that is hihly perishable if not practiced on occasion. It's practically an emergency nowadays just to do non-precision approaches without any Vertical Guidance assistance from an FMS. Kind of sad, but that's "progress".

Latest resources

Back