Horizon Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PilotOnTheRise

Of all of the regional that there are, I never hear anything about Horizon Airlines. Is there a reason for that, are they that bad or something:confused: :D If anyone flys for them or knows any info. on their hiring minimums/pay, etc, Id appreciate the info.

thanks.

Horizon likes to see a solid 42.6 hrs flight time before they will even look at you, the mins went up after 9-11. Good luck!!

fitzy- Just because you waited 6 years to be a reserve captain on the dash, you don't have to be mean.

Fitzy-
I am not looking to go get a job with them. I am just curious, I like to keep up with all of the airline, as in a few years ILL be sending in resumes.

p.b. you just answered his question for me. Thanks!! That was pretty sarcastic--I love it!!

PilotOnTheRise--I'll send you a pm.

Is that the Fitzy with a whole load of 402 time??

I think that you don't read much about Horizon because it is a very stable conservative airline. No big expansion ever, No big aircraft orders, no jumping from code share to code share etc...
As such, upgrade times have always been slow to come and lots of people that work there do so because they desire to live in the Pacific Northwest and are willing to wait for the left seat. I would say that they are a very mature airline where growth is there but it is 2- 4 % a year net. Because of that not many up and coming pilots go there because the need for the left seat is the driving force in their career choice and it takes a long time at Horizon. It is just like a major airline only without the pay, the benefits and the work rules.

Latest resources

Back