• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Horizon Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sez the bottom feeding, jizz lapping, chode from gheyjets. You are really the last one to be giving career advice.

awesome...and note that FUbi agreed with him.

Chasing the ever elusive "quick upgrade" will certainly bite 99% of the guys in the assh....

Mookie

So, Mookie, your advice is to go to QX, wait 12 years for an upgrade and HOPE you get one of the 30% of the AS interviews for F/Os with 2000 SIC.

Hmmm...

Any word on when the results of the pay arbitration are announced? I heard both sides met with the arbitrator last week.

Last edited:
1000 PIC? Where can you go that's hiring now? Is that 1000 PIC competitive when you're up against hundreds of RJ captains with 5 times that? Chasing a quick upgrade is futile. Find someplace with a base you can cope with and go from there. All regionals are stepping stones and this month's quick upgrade isn't always next month's.

1000 PIC? Where can you go that's hiring now? Is that 1000 PIC competitive when you're up against hundreds of RJ captains with 5 times that? Chasing a quick upgrade is futile. Find someplace with a base you can cope with and go from there. All regionals are stepping stones and this month's quick upgrade isn't always next month's.

How long it took today's Captains to upgrade has absolutely no baring on how long it will take a new hire to upgrade.

When I got on at American Eagle in 1999 upgrades were at 14 months in SJU or 18 months in JFK. I left long before but my class ended up getting upgraded but it would have taken 10 years had I stayed.

You've got to look at growth plans and likely attrition.

My personal prediction is that Horizon will end up being prety okay for a new hire FO. Alaska is unusal in that it REALLY wants to hire Horizon FO's. Once hiring starts at the majors again, especially AS. QX pilots will have the added benefit of losing Captains and FO's senior to them fairly quickly vs. the usual pattern of the draws coming from the Captain ranks.

QX is a small airline...couple of planes a couple of retirements and a couple of guys geting hired out makes a large difference.

Alaska hires a comparatively large portion of pilots they interview...they are planning to hire 300+ over the next 2 years...if 30% come from Horizon as planned, that would make a huge dent in the seniority list.

150 in the next 3 years is more accurate....500 per decade is a good round number....if yoe believe otherwise you have been pre-oiled for the next contract snow job...not sure it could be worse than 09 but I did see a four-leaf-clover the other day......

tico,

If you're talking AS, the SEA BCP told my recurrent class last month 382 hires in the next 3 years.

Of course they once told us 2000 pilots by the year 2000, too.

tico,

If you're talking AS, the SEA BCP told my recurrent class last month 382 hires in the next 3 years.

Of course they once told us 2000 pilots by the year 2000, too.
So lets see...Sea base chief pilot....not really a source..2000 by 2000....156 airplanes by 2010....face it bro..by the time we sign another contract, VA will be larger than AS....

Agreed. Just reinforcing your point.

As to VX (VA is Virgin Atlantic)...not if they keep losing money. LOL!

awesome...and note that FUbi agreed with him.

Chasing the ever elusive "quick upgrade" will certainly bite 99% of the guys in the assh....

Mookie

That nitwit has been prancing around his parents "basement apartment", in stripper high heels and a g-string for quite awhile, too bad he is in reality a 17 year old male virgin with a real bad case of chacne and huge man tittyies that would make Carol Doda jealous, all the while pretending to be a ghey jhets gear monkey. The perfect irony would be if he really had a pilots certificate vs MS Flt sim and 086 computer....and worked at ghey jhets.....

Latest resources

Back