• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Horizon Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I could write a book about this. For instance a trip I had last week paid on sheduled block 2028 well the actuall block we flew is 2155. I get paid 2028, stuff like that adds up. How about pulling back to the gate for MX, or a 30 hour sit. That is how we get screwed. As a line holder I compared my monthly income to a first year Skywest F.O. and I wasn't making that much more. I am just ranting because I keep hearing on this web board that we are the highest paid, we clearly aren't, but I am sure managment would want us to think so.

Gotcha. Anyone else have similar experiences?

-Goose

Well at Horizon if you fly 24 hours on a four day trip you get paid 24 hours even though it was scheduled for 22. Now if you have MX, WX or any flight cancel then you could get paid less than scheduled. We have rigs to protect you. They are 4 to 1 trip time, 2 to 1 duty, block and deadhead are 1 to 1. You are paid the higher of these per trip. If your a lineholder you are paid no less than 92 hours for a five week bid. The main problem occurs when you have a higher credit line, say 96 hours. If you drop to 93 hours due to efficient flying, wx, ect then you lose those 3 hours but will never drop below 92.

Well at Horizon if you fly 24 hours on a four day trip you get paid 24 hours even though it was scheduled for 22. Now if you have MX, WX or any flight cancel then you could get paid less than scheduled. We have rigs to protect you. They are 4 to 1 trip time, 2 to 1 duty, block and deadhead are 1 to 1. You are paid the higher of these per trip. If your a lineholder you are paid no less than 92 hours for a five week bid. The main problem occurs when you have a higher credit line, say 96 hours. If you drop to 93 hours due to efficient flying, wx, ect then you lose those 3 hours but will never drop below 92.

Thats just it 92 hours for a 35 day bid = 79 hours for a normal 30 day bid. And if you have a transition trip then more than likely you get dropped below 92 and you lose days off. The more your at work the less you make, sometimes. If you have training, forget it you will lose money and time off. No trip or line guarantee is a big problem. I hope that we get some new language in our contract. I think that the union is going to fight pretty hard on some of these issues. Personally I like schedule block or actual with a minimum day guarantee or at least a better rig.

on the dash it is hard to credit over 92 hours in a 35 day bid. you could pick up a trip here or there but the lines average 13 days when converted to a 30 day bid.

on the dash it is hard to credit over 92 hours in a 35 day bid. you could pick up a trip here or there but the lines average 13 days when converted to a 30 day bid.

au contrare. bid 186 104 credit hours (94 for the line with 10 hours carry in) and bid 187 107 credit (95 hour line with 11 carry in) on the mighty six inch sub. Not hard at all. Just have to bid accordingly and no extra trips.

Latest resources

Back