• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Horizon Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Earlier this year I think they said they were done hiring after the Feb or Mar class. I believe they had an April (small class) and May class. They started back up in Aug. I bet they'll have classes through the winter and spring again. Most likely they won't have 12 new hires, but there will probably be a couple with 4 or 6 people. Good luck. As of this month first year pay is $28.52/hr and 2nd year is $32.04/hr. I think per-diem went up to $1.75

I would love to send my stuff in. Don't know if I'll be in time for an 11 Oct class though. Are most of the classes only 4-6 people? Guess I have nothing to loose.

Is the pay on all equipment $32 second year, or is it dependant on what you fly? Airlinepilotpay.com has it listed different for different equipment. But I'm sure trusting that website is just as accurate as believing all of the rumors on here. Also, does anyone have a ballpark idea of how long it would take to get to PDX from DEN if awarded the RJ? How many gaurenteed days off per month?

Seems like the classes normally average 4-6 people, but they could be larger. The payscale on airlinepilotpay.com does have pretty close numbers for our pay. The catch is that our contract is a little weird. Fo's only get paid in for the equipment type their seniority number could hold no matter which type they fly. To simplify it a little, basically the top 1/3 of the fo seniority list gets jet pay. The middle 1/3 get 400 pay and the bottom 1/3 get 200 fo pay. Their are very senior 200 fo's earning jet pay, and very junior jet fo's earning 200 pay. As far as how long it would take to get to PDX if awarded DEN, I couldn't tell you. I don't fly the jet. You would have a better chance of holding a line sooner in DEN, unless you don't want to commute then being on reserve in PDX would be better.

I've been in DEN for almost 8mos. and it sounds like I should be transferred to PDX by the beginning of Nov. So that would make it about 9mos. including training.

QXbuzzard said:
To simplify it a little, basically the top 1/3 of the fo seniority list gets jet pay. The middle 1/3 get 400 pay and the bottom 1/3 get 200 fo pay. Their are very senior 200 fo's earning jet pay, and very junior jet fo's earning 200 pay.

More like the top 1/4 get CRJ pay, the next 1/4 get Q400 pay, and the bottom 1/2 get Q200 pay. Just under 1/2 the fleet is Q200s

Latest resources

Back