Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinhard

We be flight instructin!
I know that most, if not all of the furloughs are back. Has anyone heard anything more on any future oulook for hiring there? I did a search and not much new has come up. Thanks!

Just what I've heard...

Yes, you are correct all furloughs are back and all downgraded pilots have been offered the left seat back as of last bid. Upgrades are starting again, the first class being Jan 20th. These were the original October 2001 people that had their upgrade class cancelled shortly after 9/11. The rumor I've been hearing about hiring is sometime in the spring and looking for around 100 pilots. Hope this helps and hang in there...

Flight Time

What are the Horizon mins? What times might they be looking for when the begin hiring?

I have heard roumor of a Feb new hire class that is already filled with some floks that have been waiting since pre 9/11. I just checked the Horizon web site and it dosn't have any pilot openings listed.
Anyone out there know how many new CRJ's Horizon is taking in 2003? And how long the remaining 4 fokker jets will be around?

Last edited:
rumor control

Gents, While it is true that eveyone has been recalled and the CP office said something about a class in Febr. I personally can't imagine hiring 100 pilots unless
A) There is more attrition due to hiring up the food chain and
B) QX experiences a net growth in AIRCRAFT. We have been "growing" in ASM's but sliding in aircraft numbers, esp jets. When the fleet transition began there were 22 F28's and when the last F28 is sent to the crusher (to answer the question, that is supposed to be at the end of Febr '03) we will have 16 CRJ700s.
The next CRJ deliveries are scheduled to be 4th quarter 2003. 4th quarter. This could change, of course, but don't hedge your bets. I think QX and the airgroup are going to sit on their pile of cash and see what develops this next year. I wish I had better news for those few of you who hope for an interview. Suerte.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back