• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Horizon Air...speeding up the process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oops, I meant "reasons" in the earlier post.

Okay quick questions
1) When do you learn what aircraft you will get (when they ask you if you want the job, or after you have agreed to take it?) In other words, can ya hold out on accepting the job untill they tell you what a/c you want?

it doesn't really matter, the pay is the same regardless of what airplane you are assigned to. granted, the schedules might be better on one airplane or the other. i don't think that the decision to accept a job at a particular airline should be based,solely, on what equipment you are placed into. beware of sjs, it is all powerful :)

Last edited:
n25a

Its definately not sjs, I would actually prefer the Q400.

I just dont want the Q200....its a sinking ship and the schedule would be horrible, all to just end up on the 400 anyway.

VV8air,

Yah, I live in Ohio......

okay so I am considering flying up there to walk-in my resume.

Does anyone know where the office is that I would need to visit? PDX or SEA?

Also, if anyone knows the name of the person I would want to talk to, that would be great.

Thanks!

Go to PDX. All the CPs are there. When you go, ask to speak to an Assistant Chief Pilot. PM me if you want more details.

Oops, I meant "reasons" in the earlier post.

Okay quick questions
1) When do you learn what aircraft you will get (when they ask you if you want the job, or after you have agreed to take it?) In other words, can ya hold out on accepting the job untill they tell you what a/c you want?

it doesn't really matter, the pay is the same regardless of what airplane you are assigned to. granted, the schedules might be better on one airplane or the other. i don't think that the decision to accept a job at a particular airline should be based,solely, on what equipment you are placed into. beware of sjs, it is all powerful :)

I wish you would have told me that before I came here.

I know that it is good advice to not put any airline on a pedestal...especially regionals. But I can't help it. I want to work for Horizon so badly. The company just fits in perfectly with my plans (perfect location for me, good people, etc)

If i dont hear from them soon, I'm going to fly myself up there and plop my resume down in person. I'll give it another week or two.

Interviews?

What airplanes are pilots getting for the up coming Dec. 27 class date? Do F/O get SIC types in the aiplanes or does Horizon not do that? How long has it been taking to get an interview? Family friend is a senior Capt. walked my resume in & I did the online application last week Nov. 9 Waiting for a call :)

Latest resources

Back