Horizon Air...speeding up the process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skipro101

Anyone know a way to speed up the process of getting an interview at Horizon Air?

For example, you can go to a skywest group interview...

Anything like that for horizon? I submitted my online app today, and am wondering how long it will be before a call, and if I can do anything to speed up the process.

Anyone know a way to speed up the process of getting an interview at Horizon Air?

For example, you can go to a skywest group interview...

Anything like that for horizon? I submitted my online app today, and am wondering how long it will be before a call, and if I can do anything to speed up the process.

I wish I had an idea. All the humanity seems like it has been stripped out of the process.

Maybe there are still special people inside who can help, but my sense is a regular line puke trying to get a bud an interview is swimming against the current.

All hail electronic hiring!

I wish I had an idea. All the humanity seems like it has been stripped out of the process.

Maybe there are still special people inside who can help, but my sense is a regular line puke trying to get a bud an interview is swimming against the current.

All hail electronic hiring!

Are you on this website 24/7?

Buddy of mine submitted an online app last week on monday, and got a call on friday for an interview.

Very good news. I hope it works like that for me.

As far as skywest vs horizon, there are so many factors to consider...the best regional for one is not good for another. I have applications in for both airlines (skywest and Horizon) but my first pick is Horizon for personal reaons.

Thanks for the replies guys! (and gals)

Oops, I meant "reasons" in the earlier post.

Okay quick questions
1) When do you learn what aircraft you will get (when they ask you if you want the job, or after you have agreed to take it?) In other words, can ya hold out on accepting the job untill they tell you what a/c you want?

2)Ive heard that upgrade times have changed recently, as in 4 years is the most recent captain. Can anyone confirm?

3) What of the paycut? Did that ever happen or was it shutdown?

5) Anything on the horizon at Horizon? I know they have more Q400s comming and are trying to get rid of the Q200s....anything else going on that a newhire should know about?

4 years is fine for me. 7/8+ is a little hard to swallow.

Okay quick questions
1) When do you learn what aircraft you will get (when they ask you if you want the job, or after you have agreed to take it?) In other words, can ya hold out on accepting the job untill they tell you what a/c you want?

2)Ive heard that upgrade times have changed recently, as in 4 years is the most recent captain. Can anyone confirm?

3) What of the paycut? Did that ever happen or was it shutdown?

5) Anything on the horizon at Horizon? I know they have more Q400s comming and are trying to get rid of the Q200s....anything else going on that a newhire should know about?

4 years is fine for me. 7/8+ is a little hard to swallow.

1. They'll tell you what airplane it will be when they tell you you're hired. 4 years ago when I got hired (again), I asked to delay my class for personal reasons. They said no problem, but it may be a different airplane. They'll stick you in whatever airplane they need filled that day. I've heard of them offering different airframes to an applicant if they have multiple openings, but I can't confirm that.

2. Most junior captain hit 6 years this month. It should go down to 5 years by this time next year. Maybe less. Who knows. Being an FO here isn't all that bad. Not great, but not that bad.

3. What paycut?

4. You skipped this number :)

5. Rumor mill is pretty quiet, except that silly E190 thing that has been floating around FI. I guess they're still trying to figure out our California flying, so we may see a base in the next few years down there. No biggy, though. It's easier to commute to LA than it is PDX.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back