• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Horizon Air...speeding up the process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What airplanes are pilots getting for the up coming Dec. 27 class date? Do F/O get SIC types in the aiplanes or does Horizon not do that? How long has it been taking to get an interview? Family friend is a senior Capt. walked my resume in & I did the online application last week Nov. 9 Waiting for a call :)
There's a Dec 27th class? Trust me, pilots are the last to hear about that stuff. All I can tell you is the Dec 5th class has 6 Q200 slots and 11 Q400 slots. The Q200s will surely be in PDX, and the Q400s are To Be Announced. Probably mostly SEA. And yes, QX gets you the SIC type. It's just paperwork...the training is all the same.

I know that it is good advice to not put any airline on a pedestal...especially regionals. But I can't help it. I want to work for Horizon so badly. The company just fits in perfectly with my plans (perfect location for me, good people, etc)

If i dont hear from them soon, I'm going to fly myself up there and plop my resume down in person. I'll give it another week or two.

Sometimes it just takes a while. I remember it took 6 mo. to get a call(started after 100ME hrs). Just be prepared, because I remember something like, "hi, can you be in Portland in three days". Best of luck.

Yes you have to be ready... When I was hired over 3 years ago it was hello...We have an opening in 2 days... I was lucky in that I had been studying already which helped a lot....Best of luck...

Okay, talked to an HR lady today and she said that I should hear within a week.

yippeee!

Capt JD....

We did our applications at about the same time. I would wait a week and see what happens.

Latest resources

Back