Horizon Air Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fox2

Any info on if and when Horizon Air is hiring? What sort of time is competitive?
Do they still have the training contract? Do they hire into the RJ?

Thanks

Horizon just hired a small class of DHC8 fo's, I believe 10 pilots. I'm sure if you flew in the Navy and have 2500 hrs you would be competitive, if not over qualified.
There may be a few small classes dispersed during '03 but nothing for sure. As of now there is no hiring into the RJ, just the Dash-200 and 400. Toward the end of the year when we begin to take deliveries of the next batch of RJ's there may be some limited hiring into the CRJ700, just a guess.
As for the training contract, I don't even know. I will check on it. I wouldn't let it be an issue as it has never held much water with folks who have left. cheers

I think it's great that Horizon / Alaska are taking some risk and starting new routes. I wish my company would see all the markets that are out there for point-to-point service and take a chance the way Horizon has.

I had a friend who was scheduled for a class around December 2001, and then 9/11 happened and that was terminated. Do you know if those guys got hired or not?

Thanks!

class prior to 911

Everyone that was either in class at the time of September 11 or in the pool for a class date were all given a chance to come back for the first time this february. From what I understad only 10 replied...

OK I see, do you know if a guy by the name of Jamar made it?

Does anyone happen to have an address/email address/fax number for the hiring people? I can't seem to locate that information. Thanks!!

Pilotshan

Horizon will only post address/email/fax info if a pilot position opens up. At the moment, they are not advertising any openings, although I have heard some rummors. Keep watching.

Latest resources

Back