• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hope USAIR pulls through

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Siegal leaving and taking 5 million is enough to make me Gag!! The rest of the employees are taking pay cut after pay cut and this guy comes in for a year and some change... doesn't fix anything and then bails out and takes 5 million. Its just plain Wrong... Unethical!

rajflyboy said:
Siegal leaving and taking 5 million is enough to make me Gag!! The rest of the employees are taking pay cut after pay cut and this guy comes in for a year and some change... doesn't fix anything and then bails out and takes 5 million. Its just plain Wrong... Unethical!

Then the CFO two weeks later does the same thing! he walks out with 2 million, that's 7 million between the both of them for absolutly squat. Un-freakin real....

Yes Jet Monkey. I can't believe the executive boards allow this garbage to go on. If I worked for USAIR i'd be ticked off.

I see that some Southwest management personell recieved some bonus's this month. They were all well below 1 million each. These management folks at least earned their bonus. The company was profitable and they gave some management a bonus. I have no problem with that.

but you take USAIR,Delta,AMR,United.... their management should all be taking big pay cuts and spending 20 hours a day in the office until they turn their company into profitable machines. No Profits should = no bonus. Common sense isn't it?????

To answer the question earlier, about 3600 left on the sen list active Plus 1800 + change on furlough.

I am furloughed USAir and I personally think that in the long run it is better if it fails. Short term is bad for the folks still left, but there are other airlines and careers that are better in the long run.

I doubt that they have much time left anyhow. Two years ago it could have been saved with the right managment. Now after the various looters, theives, and idiots have done their damage it is a lost cause. The corporate culture has degenerated into civil war and apathy.

The economy started the destruction, idiocy at upper management fueled it, and worker morale finished it off.

Thanks Kerosene! Hope you were able to move on and find work quickly after the USAIR furlough.

Its sad to see the thieves that run these companies take the money and live the good life while the rest of the employee group is left with nothing.

Last edited:
KeroseneSnorter said:
. . . I am furloughed USAir and I personally think that in the long run it is better if it fails. Short term is bad for the folks still left, but there are other airlines and careers that are better in the long run.

I doubt that they have much time left anyhow. Two years ago it could have been saved with the right managment. Now after the various looters, theives, and idiots have done their damage it is a lost cause. The corporate culture has degenerated into civil war and apathy.

The economy started the destruction, idiocy at upper management fueled it, and worker morale finished it off.

This is perhaps the finest synopsis of the sad state of USAirways that I've read on this board. Best of luck to ya, KS, you deserve it. It's hard for those still there to see this, but there is life after USAirways, and possibly more rewarding. I firmly belief that for every window closed, another one opens.

Here's wishing that all those left at USAirways find that open window.

Red

Two years ago it could have been saved with the right managment.

KeroseneSnorter - that is interesting to me. I'm not trying to argue, but am curious what you think even a dream team for management could have done. There are some obvious things like consolidating the fleet, but I don't think that could be done timely enough nor would it have enough impact to make a difference. How do you change their undiversified route structure that becomes more competitive by the day? Give some inputs please.

Last edited:
I hope USAir dies soon.

I know this sounds cold but I need to echo what others have said here. I feel bad for ALL of the employees in this industry that can't find work and I will feel bad for the employees who lose their positions when USAir folds, however, USAir's situation is causing other employees to be furloughed at carriers that are not bankrupt. Our market-driven economy is based on the principle that competition will eliminate the weaker companies and the stronger companies will survive.......corporate Darwinism if you will. When the bankruptcy courts go too far protecting companies that can't possibly survive it weakens the whole industry. There is too much capacity and USAir and UAL need to be allowed to fail or many potentially viable carriers will be damaged beyond repair. The last downturn was not nearly as severe as this one and it spelled the end of Eatern, PanAm and Midway. How is it possible that the current downturn, unprecedented in it's severity, has not resulted in the failure of a single major airline? The answer is that the BK courts are approving every extreme measure that the management teams are bringing before them regardless of whether or not there is a business plan that has a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding. The Bankruptcy laws need to be changed to speed up the process and give failed companies a very small window to either get their act together or shut the doors and allow stronger companies to take the business that they earned by running a tighter ship.

fam62

I think the leasing company and other creditors hope to eventually get their money back if a company like USAIR is allowed to continue. Otherwise they will surely lose more money.

I do agree with you to some degree. You have lawyers and BK courts letting people like Don Trump get away with murder. That moron owes more money than god. The courts should force him to start paying up. Don Trump... how many times has he claimed bankrupcy?? At least 2 that I know of.

Yes Jet Monkey. I can't believe the executive boards allow this garbage to go on.

-The BOD probably gets a 25% kick back of that under the table.

but you take USAIR,Delta,AMR,United.... their management should all be taking big pay cuts and spending 20 hours a day in the office until they turn their company into profitable machines. No Profits should = no bonus. Common sense isn't it?????

It is not about running a company or success, it is about padding there golden parachute, FU%$ You I got mine” mentality. They walk out the back door with a garbage bag full of money at 3a.m. Then they resign and everyone asks what went wrong, and point fingers. Then the management says with their head hung low, “well I wish I was smarter, it’s not a crime to be stupid”. Then they turn and walk away with a smirk on their face with 5 million in the trunk of their car.

The corporate culture has degenerated into civil war and apathy. The economy started the destruction, idiocy at upper management fueled it, and worker morale finished it off.

Very well versed!

I think the leasing company and other creditors hope to eventually get their money back if a company like USAIR is allowed to continue. Otherwise they will surely lose more money.

Pensions are gone, benefits slashed or gone, Pay concessions, new work rules, displacements, furloughs, etc. I would hate for anyone else to have to take it in the shorts. There was an article about GE and there aircraft division. They claimed that they could re-allocate their assets to other companies either in the US or over sea’s. To encapsulate the article, GE could care less whether United, Delta or US-Air folded. They would repossess their assets and turn them. Also if one or more closes the door, someone else will either grow to fill the void, or, there will be a start-up. In any event, if there is a need, there will be someone with a product.

Mark

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back