Honeymoon Ideas...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

treetop flyer

Has anybody taken any cool trips to WARM destinations (US or Abroad) that you would suggest as good honeymoon locations?

I'm looking in the Carrib. but airfare (Pos. Space...ugh) over New Years isn't cheap!

Any suggestions are appreciated.

TF

I have always enjoyed traveling to Mexico for some reason, especially the Rosarito Beach resort area. The Golf is great not to mention the food. It is also a short drive from San Diego where their are plenty of sights to take in. La Jolla is fabulous and has many great restaurants (especially George's on the Rooftop)... I also enjoy traveling to Cancun and Mexico City where the bull fights I found to be very interesting as well.:D Fat Tuesday's & the Booze cruise are also a must in CAN ! !

Mexico has always been good to me and I was hooked before I even went there after listening to the James Taylor "Mexico" tune years ago however being 23 and single my "objective" and reasons for going there may be different than yours- l o l Still plenty of stuff to do there and the sights are great. ! ! The Indian ruins outside of Cancun I found were also worth seeing.

Aruba was also a great destination. The Divi Divi Beach resort does offer some great package deals and the beach is gorgeous there.

Good luck on choosing a destination:D

3 5 0

Cruises

How 'bout taking a cruise? She'll find it to be extremely romantic. Airfare and all transfers are included, usually. Shop carefully, though. This will be your trip of a lifetime and the last thing you want it to do is go south (sorry). For sure, tell your travel agent it will be your honeymoon, and you should get some extra perqs.

If you opt for a cruise, you better book soon. Cruises are usually booked up months in advance. If you have any flexibility, you might happen upon a cancellation, book a great trip and even save money.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

The cruise idea is a good one, look into Windjammer cruises - the absolute best I've been on.

If the budget is tight, check out a honeymoon in the Florida Keys. My wife and I did that twelve years ago, and had a great time. Look on line for rental houses or condos outside Key West. We got a two bedroom house on Cudjoe Key for $400 for the week (yeah, I know, twelve years ago) and blew some money on a convertible to cruise the Keys.

We split a fishing charter with another couple on a 30 ft boat and caught 40 - 50 Dolphin (settle down - Mahi fish, not Flipper) in an orgy of fishing. I love Key West, just not when the cruise ships dock. Avoid that and you will have a great time.

I went to Tahiti on a interline deal for a week for my honeymoon. Best two weeks of scuba diving I ever had.

It was all on a interliner rate along with positive space seats on Air Tahiti's A-340 "Bora Bora" out of LAX. The whole trip was under 3 grand for a week in Tahiti for two in the over water bungalows (highly recommended). Normal rates for the bungalows were 1,000 per night, so you can see the deal you get with this.

Food is expensive though.

www. openskiesonline.com or www.openskysonline.com. Cant remember which one.

Nice people and the hotel was a 4 star and they took care of absolutly everything. Im planning on going back next year as well since we had so much fun. These islands are absolutly awesome.

Hope this helps.

I worked the Caribbean for almost a decade. I suggest :

-Cruise: 7-day Caribbean that originates from SJU (San Juan). Find one that includes all the port charges and taxes when you get the price. If you are airline, check the interliner fares.

-St. Maarten: There is a French and a Dutch side. It is like 2 vacations for the price of one.

-Grenada: is less touristy and pro American. It is the spice isle.

-Tabago: which is part of Trinidad is very tropical, inexpensive and secluded. You will have to take a prop from Port of Spain.

I would go for the cruise, less planning and hassel, You could concentrate on the honeymoon.

Cheers

Cruise book

I'd recommend the following book if you decide to take a cruise:

The Total Traveler by Ship, by Ethel Blum, ISBN: 1558681582. Available at www.amazon.com . This book and its variants have been around forever and has gone through umpteen editions. It's a great cruise primer.

Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:
My wife and I recommend Sandals in the bahamas! We were there Feb of this yr and was the best. We took Comair from Mco to Nas for a decent price. good luck with the big decision! :D

Latest resources

Back