• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Honestly, no flame bait...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do you do it? Running the numbers of hiring, only about half of you will end up at a major airline, and that is with this overhyped hiring wave that is coming up. And that is after all the years of pain you have ALL been through.

Is it THAT cool to tell people you're a pilot?

You could make more money in other areas, AND be home and see your family more. (But, you can't tell people you're a pilot.)

We know 121 flying is dull, so don't try saying you love to fly. It is easy, but fun and life fulfilling? Not for our generation, let's be honest.

What does that leave? Because it's all you know how to do, and that you can tell people who have no idea how much it sucks to fly at a regional that you are a pilot?

Why do some many good people sell themselves so short?

Run the numbers after consolidation and shrinkage at majors, with the retirements. Look at what we're doing at Delta and expect the same at UAL, AMR, USAIR, ETC.

It's a fifty fifty shot for you. With the crap you deal with, with the rest of your life on the line? Really?

Honestly. No flame. I REALLY am curious why you do it and think it's worth it. I jumpseat on RJs all the time and I want to say this, but I can't because, you know, it's kind of rude and would come off totally wrong.

I do it so that one day...I too can become a Delta pilot...I'm reaching for that brass ring....well and that sporty double breasted coat.

or "Any Ride Reports"? Wait! That's United isn't it?
Ahhhhha,
While doing the DEN-MSO shuttle we used to get held down in the low 20s for traffic. When the wave was kicking up, we would report a "decent" ride and watch the UAL guys descend like a U-boat with screen doors, misery loves company!

Honestly. No flame. I REALLY am curious why you do it and think it's worth it. I jumpseat on RJs all the time and I want to say this, but I can't because, you know, it's kind of rude and would come off totally wrong.

I've had a blast the past six years, even with two furloughs (one of them permanent) and a company shutdown. As for who will or won't hire me, I don't sweat things I can't control.

I've had a blast the past six years, even with two furloughs (one of them permanent) and a company shutdown. As for who will or won't hire me, I don't sweat things I can't control.
Good attitude for the this business, enjoy ti when you can don't sweat it when you can't.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back