Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Honda

750 Driver,

WOW, I've never heard of anything like that with a Honda product!! I had a CR-V myself and it was wonderful, but it was the original. Heck if I count;

Motorcycles,
50, CL100, SL350, SL350 (yes I bought it twice) and CB750

Generators
1.0KVA, 3.0KVA

Lawnmowers, One

Cars
1983 Accord LX 3Dr
1988 Accord LX Sedan
1986 Acura Integra SL
1994 Acura Legend L
1995 Accord EXL
1998 CR-V w/ABS - Leather
2003 Pilot EXL
2003 Acura MDX (my current dream machine, Touring Model with Nav & DVD)

Never, ever heard of any experience like yours. Tell me more !

TransMach

Last edited:
TransMach said:
750 Driver,

WOW, I've never heard of anything like that with a Honda product!! I had a CR-V myself and it was wonderful, but it was the original. Heck if I count;

Never, ever heard of any experience like yours. Tell me more !

TransMach

TransM,

I guess we just got lucky :) A buddy of mine bought an 03 and hasn't had any issues. Our cars all look brand new and we take great care of them. Oh well ... maybe Toyota will decide to build an aircraft. I'd buy one based on my experience with their products & services.

crash-proof said:
Just read that it went on it's 1st public flight. Any thoughts? Will it sell? It's got a lot of competition. Even Embraer jumped on the wagon with its VLJ a few months ago.

I can imagine that pax would not like to see those jets mounted on top of the wings like that, and would not be surprised to see them moved back to rear like all the other jets, as the program develops. (Trivia...did you know that the ERJ 145 had top mounted engines, during design stage?)

Ya, but if the engines go back to the normal position, you lose the extra cabin space. The AOPA article was interesting; says the wing-mounted engine's biggest engineering problem was potential flutter.

I agree with you that the public might not like the engines there, though there've been jets on pylons since the Me252, 'bout 60 yr ago; just hanging on the other side of the wing :D . Also, people have taken a liking to the Piaggio Avanti, from what I hear.

I've been following the Honda jet for a while. I've seen a lot of experimental/developmental airplanes over the years, and I was struck by how "finished" their airplane appears. Most testbeds look pretty raw, especially the cockpits and cabins. Honda's looks like it just rolled off the assembly line.

C

Last edited:
I saw this plane a few months ago in GSO (miserably hot place). It was doing low passes for a photo shoot. I was surprised at its size...it's friggin tiny!

I also heard that it's an engine testing platform, production is unlikely. Might be interesting though.

But isn't it odd that they would put so much thought into an airframe when they don't plan to market it? Afterall, why would they care about increasing pax space with engine placement if the airframe isn't going to production? Hmmm...

I saw it at it's one-day debut in Oshkosh. It is larger than the Eclipse. Considerably larger, by VLJ standards anyway.

Oh, it will be marketed, no doubt.

crash-proof said:
But isn't it odd that they would put so much thought into an airframe when they don't plan to market it? Afterall, why would they care about increasing pax space with engine placement if the airframe isn't going to production? Hmmm...

h25b said:
It is an amazingly finished aircraft for no intentions of marketing it...

I wonder why? ;)

From this week's Avweb news website (see the link for the full article):

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/447-full.html#190319

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Carmaker Has A Change Of Heart[/font]

Well, as the old saying goes, everything is for sale and that apparently includes the HondaJet. Days after the (relatively) innovative aircraft went on display at EAA AirVenture, word from Honda's head office is that it might offer a certificated version of the aircraft. First sales "will be in at least two to three years," Honda President Takeo Fukui is quoted as saying by company spokesman Shigeki Endo. Endo said someone at Oshkosh put a deposit on an airplane ... despite Honda's assertions that it wasn't planning to go into the airplane business. The huge amount of attention garnered by the jet, with its wing pylon-mounted engines, may have had something to do with what appears to be a sudden change of heart. The plane always had a crowd around it in Aeroshell Square and it had some pretty stiff competition for the rubberneckers. It shared center stage with GlobalFlyer and SpaceShipOne, and Cessna's new Mustang was only a short walk away.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back