Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Holy bonejob Batman, Jetblue pilots screwed again!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obviously patience is not a virtue when it comes to getting something right. The delay caused by the JBPA drive is the cause of your impatience. How many times are you going to sign a new contract with amendments? I'd like them to hammer out the pay, benefits and work rules and sign one amendable agreement. What part of retroactive to June 1st don't you guys understand? You're like children. Them same irrational rant and raving you guys did before the JBPA election is not going to get you anywhere but in hack with your wives.

Look at Airtran, they're in their 3rd+ year of negotiations and now are under ALPA because NPA couldn't get it done for them. Now they'll wait a little longer until ALPA can get it done. I think I can wait until August, there is a timeline in the e-mail bozos... We all will get a good check at the end of the summer. Patience will prevail
I don't think so. I think the card drive will have started (planned for by this obvious delay) and there will only be a retro check if the union does not come on property.

Look at Airtran, they're in their 3rd+ year of negotiations and now are under ALPA because NPA couldn't get it done for them. Now they'll wait a little longer until ALPA can get it done. I think I can wait until August, there is a timeline in the e-mail bozos... We all will get a good check at the end of the summer. Patience will prevail
Actually, it's 5+ years.

The switch to ALPA didn't have nearly as much to do with the NPA not being able to "get it done" as it did with needing the resources ALPA legal gives us to fight grievances, a leadership structure that's REQUIRED to do things "by the book" with ALPA National oversight, and a WAR CHEST to use for a strike when we're eventually released.

In that respect, the NPA was similar to the JB pilot advisory board or whatever they're calling it this year (I seem to remember it's been disbanded and reformed under 2 or 3 different names since 2001). The only thing the NPA was getting was whatever the company chose to give, just like jetBlue right now.

The only thing management understands is the stick. Period. The JBPA formation was that stick, and management started paying attention. The stick is gone, and now things aren't moving as expeditiously. "Interesting" timing,,,

Wondering if, in August, your management will use the slow Fall travel season that happens every year as a reason to "just wait 3 or 4 more months and let's see how we've done for an entire year" or some such excuse... while oil continues to slowly ratchet back up.

Last edited:
Actually, it's 5+ years.

The switch to ALPA didn't have nearly as much to do with the NPA not being able to "get it done" as it did with needing the resources ALPA legal gives us to fight grievances, a leadership structure that's REQUIRED to do things "by the book" with ALPA National oversight, and a WAR CHEST to use for a strike when we're eventually released.

In that respect, the NPA was similar to the JB pilot advisory board or whatever they're calling it this year (I seem to remember it's been disbanded and reformed under 2 or 3 different names since 2001). The only thing the NPA was getting was whatever the company chose to give, just like jetBlue right now.

The only thing management understands is the stick. Period. The JBPA formation was that stick, and management started paying attention. The stick is gone, and now things aren't moving as expeditiously. "Interesting" timing,,,

Wondering if, in August, your management will use the slow Fall travel season that happens every year as a reason to "just wait 3 or 4 more months and let's see how we've done for an entire year" or some such excuse... while oil continues to slowly ratchet back up.
That is exactly what will happen.

Obviously patience is not a virtue when it comes to getting something right. The delay caused by the JBPA drive is the cause of your impatience. How many times are you going to sign a new contract with amendments? I'd like them to hammer out the pay, benefits and work rules and sign one amendable agreement. What part of retroactive to June 1st don't you guys understand? You're like children. Them same irrational rant and raving you guys did before the JBPA election is not going to get you anywhere but in hack with your wives.

Speaking of children - Dad decided you don't get a bump in your allowance this week after all. You can hang your hat on the latest "promise" if you like. The PCRB report was 14 months ago - this is not new data. The company could have brought us up to industry average at any time they thought we deserved it. You are just a little too ready to accept that you are less than your industry peers.

Last edited:
I think I can wait until August, there is a timeline in the e-mail bozos... We all will get a good check at the end of the summer. Patience will prevail

Waiting til August is not the issue. The HEAD of the Flight department told you on Friday that there would be answer on Monday. Now you are ready to accept two more months of babble.

Those poor managers working so hard to get this right - can't we just give them a break? The atom bomb was invented in a shorter time frame than this group is taking to figure out how to pay industry AVERAGE.

Ever heard of the stockholm syndrome?

So we get retro pay from June 1. Ok great.....
so when we get the retro check hows going to pay for the extra taxes we have to pay for the lump sum of money they give us. Or the interest lost by us and gained by the company by holding to our pay. So you say a union could have done this in a few years.... it s been 14 long moths form the PCRB and counting. New values Safety, caring ,integrity, fun, Passion. As long as they don't get in the way of profits!!!!

I think I can wait until August, there is a timeline in the e-mail bozos... We all will get a good check at the end of the summer. Patience will prevail

Good plan:rolleyes: Get thru the summer when pilots leverage is greatest, then slap them with the new BS rates. More kool-aide required!

I think I can wait until August, there is a timeline in the e-mail bozos...

I'm so glad YOU can wait until August. We have F/O's who need TWO jobs to pay their bills. Think they might be tired of waiting....

And it was MY JBPA vote that is responsible for any payraise you might get...you're welcome, a$$hole.

"The atom bomb was invented in a shorter time frame than this group is taking to figure out how to pay industry AVERAGE."

Classic

Latest resources

Back