Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Holly crap, interview with Southwest..Help!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LJ45

Just got the email and made the phone call, I am shaking I am so excited. I have an interview next month with Southwest.

Any advice?

Just got the email and made the phone call, I am shaking I am so excited. I have an interview next month with Southwest.

Any advice?

Congrats on the interview. But it is only that. Practice your story telling. go to mall today and start talking to strangers about what a great guy that you are. They know that you can fly and are qualified for the job, what they want to see is that you can tell one heck of a good story. Review your logbooks, think of some good story telling scenarios, and tell your wife and friends all of these stories.

Two more things...
1. They only hire about 10% of those that interview.
2. Dont quit your day job.

Again, congrats and good luck.

Mine was 2 or 3 of 24! Unfortunately I was in the majority!!!:bawling:
Congrats....practice story telling....GREATEST interview experience that I have ever had!!

Any advice?

Remember this....all your flying time is what got you your interview.....IOW, on paper, you look really good.

Once you are there....it's all about you...the person...and how you handled things that have happened in your career....you...all you, baby...

Tejas

The head of pilot hiring just jumpseated on my flight yesterday so I asked as much as I could:

1. 2500 apps on file with >1300 PIC and updated in last 6 months, only, I say this again, only 400 with type ratings.

2. Hired for '06: 560. Minimum hiring for '07: 590.

3. 40% of interviewees get hired. This is from the head honcho.

4. References are called for people who were liked at interview and LOI. Interviewers and LOI people do not share scorecards with each other. The only people who see all the package, LOI, interview, and references are the chiefs. The chiefs do on occasion like someone whose references weren't called and ask for a reference call (a month delay for that). If your refences were called, you are most likely hired, however, you never know... something may not jive.

5. Pilots say the stupidest things at interviews, I've heard some pretty idiotic and eyebrow-raising stories, don't be included as one of them!

6. If you're introverted, good luck! You have 45 minutes to show them who you are, it's a sales pitch, selling your personality. If you're extroverted, don't do anything stupid or over-the-top and play it politically correct; no matter how cool and laid back you think SWA is, they are looking at potential lawsuits if you say the smallest polically incorrect crack, so don't. Other than that, relax ;)

Whatever you do don't say "f********************", "nice t*ts", nor "well thats not the way I did it at..."

Whatever you do don't say "f********************", "nice t*ts", nor "well thats not the way I did it at..."

I dont know about the Fuc part, just say it alot and tell them that Bob Torti is your uncle and you owe him alot of money. I think you will be in the next class... :) :) :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back