Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Holly crap, interview with Southwest..Help!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's f****** hilarious. You've f****** got to know f****** Torti to f****** appreciate it.

F*** yeah!
Gup :laugh:

BTW. Good luck on the interview.

Last edited:
Congrats LJ45. You will end up having 3 1v1 interviews plus the LOI. You may have to tell the same story 3 times. Make sure your story stays consistent and use as much enthusiasm in the last telling of the same story as you did in your first telling. If you cannot think of a story to tell, ask them to rephrase the question. Don't be afraid to tell a new story if you come up with one on the spot. DO NOT sound rehearsed!! Relax and have fun. Make sure you can explain your logbook.
Having been at TWA, aa and ATA, let me assure you that SWA is the best thing to happen to you, your QOL, and your pocketbook.

The head of pilot hiring just jumpseated on my flight yesterday so I asked as much as I could:

1. 2500 apps on file with >1300 PIC and updated in last 6 months, only, I say this again, only 400 with type ratings.

;)

Coincidentally, the success percentage on the interview and the percentage of applicants with type ratings are almost identical.

I interviewed with one story and got the job. My story went like this:

Some ******************** happened, and I handled it.

Just got the email and made the phone call, I am shaking I am so excited. I have an interview next month with Southwest.

Any advice?

Just 2 things #1 try not to misspell anything on your resume, (e.g. its's Holy Crap, not Holly Crap, unless that is just a holiday thing), and #2 if you're that excited that you are shaking, try not to pee on yourself at the interview!
Otherwise, good luck.

Call Emerald Coast Consulting!!!!!!!!!!! They are advertising on this page!! I used them for Fedex this year and it was worth every cent. I was corporate (Lear45 also) and had never taken a part 121 interview before and they saved my a$$. If you do it, make sure you do the face to face seminars or you won't get the true experience. The seminars are held all over the country so finding one is pretty easy! Sheryl Cage's book "Checklist For Success" is also descent prep? Good Luck!

Just got the email and made the phone call, I am shaking I am so excited. I have an interview next month with Southwest.

Any advice?

UFB!! You work your a$$ off, gaining experience - taking the time to get your paperwork in order - got the ATP - checked the FAA records - submitted the application - saving $$ for the type rating - maybe already have the type rating - etc. etc.

You get the interview and THEN start trying to figure out how to prepare? AND by post a thread on FI, no less. Good Luck to you. If I had to guess, I'd say the odds aren't in your favor if you are just now trying to prepare with a post on FI.

"Holy crap, interview with Southwest, HELP, HELP, HELP - Ahhhhhhhhhh - Oh the humanity - HELP, HELP" :rolleyes:

UFB!! You work your a$$ off, gaining experience - taking the time to get your paperwork in order - got the ATP - checked the FAA records - submitted the application - saving $$ for the type rating - maybe already have the type rating - etc. etc.

You get the interview and THEN start trying to figure out how to prepare? AND by post a thread on FI, no less. Good Luck to you. If I had to guess, I'd say the odds aren't in your favor if you are just now trying to prepare with a post on FI.

"Holy crap, interview with Southwest, HELP, HELP, HELP - Ahhhhhhhhhh - Oh the humanity - HELP, HELP" :rolleyes:

Disregard this idiot.

Latest resources

Back