• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hold on tight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why does everyone thinks DAC is buying Citation Air? They are not buying it. They are only taking over the mgt of the contracts. Most likely Cessna/Textron is paying DAC to handle the existing mgt contracts.

When they sold the CJ3's to Jet Suite did the pilots go with them? What about those Bravos they had as well?

Im sure it sucks for the CA pilots but were they not notified over a year ago that Cessna/Textron was getting out of the business. DAC does not owe anything to those pilots. The 1108 was foolish trying to help them with a contract when they were shutting down anyways. Now they are caught in a tough position.

If you really think the pilot group isnt thinking we just abandoned 85 furloughed guys, your the one thats the small minority.

Good gawd Rupert/Skanza. Abandoned them for what? The lowest paying, harshest working conditions to whats left of the fractional industry? By your analogy you'd think uncle snaggle tooth Kenny was right there with Orville and Wilber just waiting to create pilot jobs. In reality all he has ever done, and will continue to do is exploit pilots. As much disdain I harbor for the mistakes and arrogance of the 1108 even I wouldn't consider a decertification vote. I'm pretty sure there are still about 98% of us that feel the same way.

Now they are off to getting the paperwork ready for the Flex / Flight Options merger and hopefully get the FO furloughed pilots back into any new positions that are created at Flex. We are after all part of the loyal Flight Options family as Kenn would say.

It's interesting you call it a merger as none of the press releases use that word.

This saga would get very twisted if the furloughed FLOPs pilots interviewed and were hired by Flex, or as asked elsewhere, the CA owners and aircraft were transferred to Flex.

I'm sure there will be enough work to keep the lawyers busy for quite some time.

Latest resources

Back