HNL Jumpseat Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stewage

Anyone a regular jumpseater / commuter to HNL?

I live in the Pacific Northwest and am wondering about how doable it would be?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure how it would be from the Pacific NW, but my friend who was on the contractor out of HNL flying for JAL said "it sucked". I think he mostly tried in and out of SFO and LAX though. Most of the non rev's I've talked to say it is easier going than coming. Good luck.

I'm with Hawaiian. Our CASS system should be up and running next week. We fly out of PDX and SEA to HNL. Our loads are very heavy but the jumpseats are rarely full (may change with the introduction of CASS?). A good strategy is to try for the HNL flight, if you don't get on try the OGG (Maui)flight. We don't go to OGG every day, but on days that we do it's a good back up. Out of both cities it leaves a little over an hour later. You also have NWA out of both cities.
Good luck

I live in HNL and have worked for a CASS airline from the beginning. I have been commuting for 20 months and never missed a ride between AA CO UA etc. I commute weekly. Your competing against huge amounts of Non Rev but virtually no commuters. Obviously CASS is key. Have had to use that quite a bit.

Latest resources

Back