• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hiring @ Southern Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the word on getting 747-400s at Southern?

Also, with the new airplane today, how many are in the fleet now?

Thanks

You don't fly for Southern Air, pilotbrain. You were the guy that failed his interview for Skywest last year, remember?

It's important to keep the lies straight, you know.

I do work for SAI and take it from me, if you come here bring a big tub of KY jelly cause you will need it. You will be abused. I tried my best to keep a good attitude here but it is impossible. If you have any other offers give them serious consideration.

I do work for SAI and take it from me, if you come here bring a big tub of KY jelly cause you will need it. You will be abused. I tried my best to keep a good attitude here but it is impossible. If you have any other offers give them serious consideration.

Can you elaborate a bit? Examples of "abuses."

In a nutshell, there are so many changes going on at Southern right now, that tings are pretty crazy. And as a result, the flight crews are dealing with a full plate.

The Merger with Cargo 360 is just about done, and with that was an ownership and change of control of the company.

There is a change of our crew scheduling/travel from the small in-house department, to a private company that specializes in crew scheduling.

There have been ongoing new hire classes, one after the other, that have been adding new personnel that need to go through IOE, and get online

New Aircraft have been coming in at a rapid pace, with the C360 aircraft now online, and a handful of other aircraft arriving soon. Predictions are for the fleet to grow to over 20 aircraft by years end. It was just 4 Aircraft when I started just two years ago.

Additional contracts and adhoc fllying have been brought on, with others to follow, so instead of a handful of destinations, we are pretty much going everywhere.

And the crew group has been getting involved with creating our pairings, trying to move towards a different style of schedule, more focused towards a 2 on, 2 off kind of flying, that has crews flying more + shorter layovers, so as to get your flying in quicker and allow a return to home... Yet with the shortage of pilots, guys are staying out as long as they had before, and just flying more.

Basically, there are a lot of growing pains, and it is the Southern crewmembers that are shouldering the burden. Hopefully the crew group and new schedulers will make for some improvements in the near terms, but if we continue to grow like they have planned, it will probably be chaotic for awhile.

Latest resources

Back