• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hiring one good pilot for ExpressOne

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whose contract for Wells did you take over going into Fargo? I see your plane there now (it actually used to be a hangar queen at my college, nice to see it actually being put to use now). Did you take the flying from Pack Air? Not that it matters to my company, we have our contracts too, but between all the freight there are three planes now that do the ANE-FAR run.

We're just doing the one leggers although we did pick up a third leg in the evening at 8:30 that goes to FSD and comes right back. We're doin the 3:40 am Sioux falls run and 5:00 fargo run. I think we took Capital City Air cargos run for at least the sioux falls one and maybe both but not sure. How many companies actually fly for ICS out of ANE cause i'm not sure. Main reason we obtained that contract was because the chiefs we got have the boundry layer kits and can carry between 1600 lbs and maybe up to about 1800 lbs.

Last edited:
There are Cap City, Priority Air, Pack Air (they might be operating as Spend Air now), Business Aviation flying out of Anoka, possibly one more that I can't think of. Pack Air used to fly a Caravan on the Fargo run, and ICS does need the capacity on the early flight.

Lots of different companies eh? Do they all fly out of Anoka co. or are some in st paul or crystal? The ICS guy that drove us to the hotel last week said they used to have a caravan and that the navajo they are usin now can only carry 1200 which is the primary reason why we got the contract because we can carry 1600+

All those companies I listed fly out of Anoka. I think there is some flying out of St Paul and we fly a plane out of Crystal as well as Anoka. Oh, Bemidji flies out of Anoka as well with their Queen Air and occasional King Air. I'm glad you got the contract for the early flight, as we take any excess so the more the early flight takes the less I have to load up.

I've seen an ad for those pilot jobs for over a month? Why all the trouble getting pilots? Probably cause it's flying ICS and ICS calls the shots. And you say all these Saabs are coming online....they don't have anything definite lined up? UPS, ABX, FDX, whoever, doesn't just make up new routes to fly so you guys have something to do. They have to go up for bid and that timing is up to the bean counters so don't hold your breath. I hope you guys have something to do for those birds when they get there. Anybody know of any routes that need a Saab? I know Alpine has a few I think in HI, and I HIGHLY doubt anyone is getting Post Office routes away from Alpine.

flyinloki said:
Whoever gets in now has a chance to jump right into the left seat of the Saab when they get on property.
You're sorely mistaken if you think it's as easy as hoppin' in as a captain in the SAAB. You're assuming they will let you fly the thing as captain.

flyinloki said:
Ummmm get the facts right the saabs aren't flying checks. And they aren't even on the property quite yet.
If you're such a know-it-all, you should understand that unless you actually see a SAAB on your ramp, it hasen't happened yet. I've been in this business long enough to realize that. Don't get your hopes up yet, Ace.

flyinloki said:
In fact its an entirely new company with the only real roots to the former company being the name.

That's exactly right. This new EOI is nothing like and will never be like the old EOI. But I do see that you guys did take our original website and leave some of our 727 information in it for the public to see. (http://www.express-one.com/Sales_Service.htm#EXPRESSONE_Ground_Support). Based on the pictures, how can you guys advertise for charters in 727's that you don't even have. They are in the desert, probably parted out. They aren't even on the certificate.

flyinloki said:
Can we say Boeing or Airbus transport category.

Can you say "never gonna happen?"

flyinloki said:
Hmmm...yes I am a new line pilot and this post started with me informing everyone that expressone is back in buisness and I was just stating the future plans.

So you're a "line pilot", huh? (note sarcasm) Just you and the Chief Pilot? I guess one of the positives is that it won't take long to do your trip bidding each month.

flyinloki said:
Routes start on April 4th but we have a second person to cover that route till they find someone.

By the way, how can you be a line pilot if your routes don't start until the 4th of April? Considering that today is the 4th, I guess it's your first night, so good luck to you.

flyinloki said:
Plus all the people here are great and the pay is excellent and the treatment has been better than any chautauqua, mesa, airnet, pinnacle ect ect ect. Don't dis something till you knoww the facts.

How would you know that the treatment is any better than the airlines you listed? Have you been a pilot for those airlines? I doubt it.

flyinloki said:
btw i like my friggin avatar, its family guy and i like it so whatever man.
Are you going to cry? How old are you anyway. I feel sorry for Express One if you are their only pilot. By the way, what are you hiding? You seem to be trying awfully hard to convince us of how great the pay is and how excellent the company treats you. Good luck to you, but please grow up.

Last edited:
????? Everyone is so pessimistic around here. Think I already said this but I'm tryin to be positive cause I really don't want to be thinkin like that constantly. It just does no good. Sure we don't have 727s and I don't fly em but so what. Its a good down to earth flyin job. And yes I worked at "airline" for a short time and a couple people I know, one Chicago Express guy who is furlowed after just 3 months and another buddy that Mesa jerked around so much he doesn't know which end is up. EXO has been nothing but upfront and direct with me which you won't see at any regional. By the time you usually find out its already on the news and thats where you heard it. The CEO wouldn't even think to tell the pilots. Its a chance to grow with a company and I don't think that is childish. ???? But whatever, you guys work for bigger companies but so what i'm proud of mine. I have been flying for over 8 years now so, yah, I do know some things and I learn new things everyday about how this wierd wacky and wild industry works.

Midnight Flyer said:
Are you going to cry? How old are you anyway.

I seem to remember RideTheWind bringing that thing up about my avatar.....not me.

So how did it go last night? Wasn't April 4th supposed to be your first night?

Latest resources

Back