• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

hiring frozen until october at Spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have heard that from some Frontier buds...........everything I hear from FLL is a no but we will be the last to know of course :)

does anybody think Frontier and Spirit will merge

I don’t think a merger is likely in the near future with Spirit and any other airline. Spirit is undergoing a transformation from a privately held company to a publicly traded corporation. I think once Spirit takes things public then things could change. This could be a few years out. These clowns that pimp employees usually make their money in stock. As far as Frontier? That would be a good fit as far as routes flown and aircraft type. The downfall to that is that Frontier has CFM engines and Spirit buses have IAE’s. With differences training the cockpit will have no problem operating but maintenance cost would be higher. Anyone know if any operators are flying a/c w/both types of engines?

As far as the original thread. I don't think training will be frozen unless the delieveries for this year change. I've been hearing nothing but good things on the expansion side. There is too much new flying planned for them to cut out hiring.

Anyone know if any operators are flying a/c w/both types of engines?

I asked that question a couple of months ago, and someone said that U.S. Airways and America West have different engine types on the Airbus(I forget which has which, but I think U.S. Airways has CFM).

With the latest trend of outsourcing maintenance and leasing engines, I'm not sure how much extra cost (if any) is incurred for a mixed fleet of engines. I'm guessing that the more you outsource maintenance, the less a mixed fleet will matter.

Last edited:
Anyone Please Help

Does Anyone Know What The Fa's Make The First Year At Spirit??
Just Want To Know If I Am Wasting My Time Going To Fll To Interview???
Thanks Anyone Please Help

What would make it "worth" your time........if you are asking - I am sure it is too low.

I think Flight Attendants start at around $18 hr with a 72 hour guarantee per month and around $1.70 ish per diem. I might be wrong on some of those numbers though.

$18.04/hour for the first 6 months, then it goes up, but not sure to what, i'd have to look it up. I think its 20. somthing after 6 months. 72 hour guarantee

ok here is the F/A pay scale

1st 6 months $18.04
2nd 6 months $21.04
2nd year $22.95
3rd year $24.70
4th year $26.12
5th year $29.02

there are 2 raises a year. your date of hire and a contractual raise. I didnt include those because we are starting contract negotiations and our contract is up in august of this year.

We'll see how that goes.

But basically expect a raise on your date of hire every year and then again on the anniversary of the contract(currently Feb 7 or each year) Your big raise is after 5 years

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back