• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

hired after a checkride bust

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If he takes responsibility for the bust and is able to explain what he learned from the ordeal he will be OK. Interviewers are people too and they like to see real people instead of yet another Chuck Yeager. If the interviewer thinks he can spend a week on the road with him, he'll get the nod.

satpak77 said:
I know someone who confirmed crashed an airplane AND busted a few rides AND is now at a major

Let me guess, that "someone" was you. Yeh, a few bad apples still get through the cracks.

d-leted

Last edited:
there are those who have failed checkrides and those who will. we're not computers, we are humans flying planes.

don't sweat it. be honest when the situation is brought up and take responsibility. mention what you learned from it.

Failed 4 of them over the past 13 years and I have gotten on with 2 majors. Never was an issue. Of course, I was in HS for 2 of them but you get the picture. Turn it into a positive and you will be an even stronger candidate than those arrogant posters above who think they are perfect those are the types they don't want to hire.

looks like your week in texas turned out sour. Ive taken a bust myself and, its all about how you react to the question. tell me about and failed checkrides? if you explain that it made you a better pilot then your in.

Lots of people that busted their CL65, EMB120 type at ASA have been hired at majors. Lots of people that have never busted a checkride, like me, have not been hired by majors.

captain caveman said:
Lots of people that busted their CL65, EMB120 type at ASA have been hired at majors. Lots of people that have never busted a checkride, like me, have not been hired by majors.

Boo-hoo, you never failed a checkride, whaaaaa!
My 4 year-old has a perfect checkride pass rate too and isn't working for a major. He also whines less than you.

quote:"looks like your week in texas turned out sour. Ive taken a bust myself and, its all about how you react to the question. tell me about and failed checkrides? if you explain that it made you a better pilot then your in."

actually this guy passed 2 days ago, its another captain who busted 6 months ago.
thanks for all the answers.

whaleroast said:
Boo-hoo, you never failed a checkride, whaaaaa!
My 4 year-old has a perfect checkride pass rate too and isn't working for a major.

'Oh yeah! Well you act just like a 4 year old, so there!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back