• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

HighPower aviation OR PanAm Academy?

j41

Total Time
I am trying gather experienced from people who have recently attended these 2 school for their 737 Intial type rating.

I think both programs cost about the same, between 8k to 10k for the 737-300 EFIS

I know they both sent home studies material befor, and expect that you be ready when you show up!!

Questions, how does one's feel about training they received?
Do you feel that the ground instructors and Sim instructors are knowlegeable?

Any thoughts & advice is greatly appreciate..
Thanks

laluna1223

Laid off job seeker.
I am trying gather experienced from people who have recently attended these 2 school for their 737 Intial type rating.

I think both programs cost about the same, between 8k to 10k for the 737-300 EFIS

I know they both sent home studies material befor, and expect that you be ready when you show up!!

Questions, how does one's feel about training they received?
Do you feel that the ground instructors and Sim instructors are knowlegeable?

Any thoughts & advice is greatly appreciate..
Thanks

I have friends that did HigherPower and liked everything about them...but I would be interested what other people have to say as well.

need2fly

Total Time
HPA now has A320

HPA now has a type rating program for the A320. The first 2 pilots were typed a few days ago and they are looking to fill classes. I think there will be another class starting in the next week or so. They will accept WIA funds for this program.

N2F

skyfliers

K&S Aviation Services, Inc. The 737-300 EFIS training is done out of Phoenix where they are located. Higher Power will actually send you to Phoenix for the 737-300 EFIS training because they don't have that sim in Dallas. Plus K&S is cheaper for this type rating, $8450 versus $12000!

afhercdriver

SWA FO
Total Time
Higher Power is an excellent training program. If your goal is SWA I was typed Oct 22, 2007 and called for an interview Dec 5, 2007. Of course, those were different times.

Jim