• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Highlights of IAD for the ASA folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My favorite is being asked "Are you reddy to boort?" when calling in range.

Let's just say this thread is spot on. Word of advice: Do NOT let your emotions run you in IAD. You'll have a heart attack in the first week. That place is a train wreck.

We joke whenever we see the Ethiopian 777 parked on the ramp "The Dulles Employee shuttle is here."

Here is the deal copernicus the Ethiopian 767 (ET does not have 777) pays more than your sheetbag operation that is replaced year in and year out. Not only do they pay you more than any US airline, you actually have to pass checkrides and I mean REAL checkrides unlike the Colgan, ASA, SKYW, XJT, XJ, PNCL etc, rides. Enjoy your food stamp, you guys are the reason why this industry is sucking wind. Grow a pair and get paid like you should.

RANT OVER!

Not sure about the CRJ but wait until they close the door without unplugging the A/C.

Also the customer service thing is correct...I've got stories from two summers ago...STORIES!

At least the Ghetto Gates have torn down. What a joke it was to operate out of those things let alone actually get a plane out on time. Since I worked up there, it seems to gotten much better however, I don't do any Yonited work there these days.

Here is the deal copernicus the Ethiopian 767 (ET does not have 777) pays more than your sheetbag operation that is replaced year in and year out. Not only do they pay you more than any US airline, you actually have to pass checkrides and I mean REAL checkrides unlike the Colgan, ASA, SKYW, XJT, XJ, PNCL etc, rides. Enjoy your food stamp, you guys are the reason why this industry is sucking wind. Grow a pair and get paid like you should.

RANT OVER!

Feel better?

god forbid........a pilot help a passenger.........the nerve of those darn pax asking a pilot a question about a connection.....

I know....you make all that money.....help the poor (but wealthy, US-hating) foreigners......take a moment out of your 8-minute meal break to lend a hand!

Don't think it was a slam on Ethiopian...

Do they offer meal service on Ethiopian?

Just asking......'cause usually foreign carriers attempt to recreate a microcosm of their culture from the moment you board their aircraft.

Korean: Hot Korean chicks

Japan: Hot Japanese chicks

ASA: Atlanta 'hood-dialect gate announcements, such as "Lass an' fahnull cole fo' flaight fo'-d-fo' fiddy to Wi-min-din"

if you think hotels in atlanta are pricey...good luck in IAD....to northern virginia...the land of very expensive everything!!

Latest resources

Back