• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Highlights of IAD for the ASA folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will ASA management provide us Roseta Stones for Swahili and other exotic Indo-Chinese languages? I heard that this was in the works and will be distributed accordingly.

Ok now lets look at the advantages of ATL:

- Daily ground stops
- Routinely missing flights home / to work due to wheels up and EDCs
- Attitude from gate agents (Worst I have ever been treated by any airline in any airport)
- Concourse D
- Never get power or air with deferred APU (again concourse D)
- Always having to wait outside your gate for a long time to park (mostly on D)
- Waiting for jet bridge drivers
- 2 Burger Kings on D and no healthy food options
- Commuter hotels are the worst quality for the price compared to the ones I hve stayed at in other cities
- Chief pilots will be in ATL
- Concourse D
- Driving through the world's most lovely and safe neighborhoods on your way to work (College Park, Hapeville)
- Concourse D

I know many of you RAH guys say IAD is much better then ATL, but what you don't realize is that you never park on D or C (C is getting better slowly) and those are the worst concourses when it comes to ground support. A and B are great in ATL so I can see why you think ATL is so good.

Anyone else have any other wonderful things that ATL offers we will be missing if we go to IAD?

hardly any restaurant discounts in the ATL-and the prices are like 2 bucks higher than other airports.

My favorite is being asked "Are you reddy to boort?" when calling in range.

Let's just say this thread is spot on. Word of advice: Do NOT let your emotions run you in IAD. You'll have a heart attack in the first week. That place is a train wreck.

We joke whenever we see the Ethiopian 777 parked on the ramp "The Dulles Employee shuttle is here."

"Ness Gess in line" (while alternately picking 3" fingernails and staring at ceiling)

B Concourse

If you need some relax time away from the crowds at the A gates, just go over to the B concourse. It's usually pretty nice over there.

It's been a couple of years, but Dunkin Donuts, Fuddruckers, and the really good sandwich place (I forget the name) were always popular. Plus the bathrooms aren't crowded.

Latest resources

Back