Highest time aircraft ever...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talk about old

NWA is getting rid of thier 9's at 100,000 to 104,000 cycles. The airframe itself, per Douglas, is built to 250,000 cycles. OLD aircraft.....

I have flown the worlds lowest time DC-9-30, 14,000 hrs. Thats what I was told anyway.

ATI had a 63 series DC-8 about 10 years ago with 90K+ hours and almost 50K cycles. 867BX

Supposedly N740SA at Southern Air sets a record every time it takes off... Was told it was the highest time 747 in the world.

Dont' let Connie know about that plane, he might go out and buy that pos. Several birds over at Kalitta are in the 90k range.

I believe its sistership N746SA

I believe that Southern Air has the highest time 747-200 still flying. Not sure how many hours though. It sets a new record every time it flys. N748SA

I have heard that Boeing is not going to sponser for anymore Airframe lifetime extention on 746SA. which means that it will become bunch of beer cans soon.

Flew a C172 with 11 hours on it, pretty tight rigging

Same thing happened recently to one of our -100's. Boeing pulled all manf. support for it, because it cycled out.

I have heard that Boeing is not going to sponser for anymore Airframe lifetime extention on 746SA. which means that it will become bunch of beer cans soon.

Old JAL -100's meet their end becouse of the cycles on them. They were used on multiple short hops throughout their life. I don't know how cycle's it takes before they are shredded though.

Latest resources

Back