• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Highest time aircraft ever...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I fly some DC-10's with well over 100k on them.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I used to frequently fly a 1969 172 with 400 hours total. Original owner bought it brand new and died. The wife never sold it and it sat in a barn for 30 years when the flight school I was working at acquired it.

Also my dad's J3 is a 1946 currently with about 2200 total, 1100 of which were within the last 10 years of ownership.

One of our DC-8-73s is rapidly approaching 100k, and I understand that we've ordered the required parts and kits to put it through another heavy check. It's still flying full time, so I guess it hasn't quite reached that milestone just yet, but it will very soon. A few others are within a few thousand hours of 100k. Most of our -71s are still in the 80k range. I don't remember what our -62s and -72 have, but they're relatively low for their age, 40s-60s.

B-52 and KC-135 alert duties sure kept their times low, but they've been pretty busy these last years and so I'm sure their lifecycles are coming up more quickly than in the past.

Ameristar currently has the worlds oldest flying Falcon 20. Has 44K plus on it. Used to be an old Fed Ex plane. You can still see the old tail number etched on the panel. N6FE

Not a cargo bird (yet) but...

I wonder how many hours Piedmont's oldest Dash 8's have. Mx tells me the two highest cycle dashes in the world (907 and 906HA) are here. If they have better than 60,000 cycles, then that'd be a fair number of hours on the airframes.

Not a cargo bird (yet) but...

I wonder how many hours Piedmont's oldest Dash 8's have. Mx tells me the two highest cycle dashes in the world (907 and 906HA) are here. If they have better than 60,000 cycles, then that'd be a fair number of hours on the airframes.

I took one of the ALG birds...(don't remember the tail number off hand) up to BGR for a C check, it was built in 1990, and they said it had almost 70,000 cycles on it. This was almost 2 years ago.

I know this is toning down this thread a bit, but I would love to know how many cycles some of Cape Air's 402's have. 12 hour days and 20 minute stage life over 28 years or so??

Great airplane.

Hung

They actually donated one of their hight time aircraft for an FAA aging aircraft study, it had over 25K hours

I've heard that the B-52's and KC-135's are actually pretty low-hours aircraft, despite their age, and that re-engining proposals are usually stifled due to comparisons of cost vs. life remaining on the engines installed. The govt. can buy a lot of tax-free JP8 for the difference.

I used to fly N17334 (AA DC-3 Flagship Detroit) and remember it having ~48600hours in 1996, and Be-18T's with between 25000 & 30000 hrs.(a lot for GA aircraft).
Most KC135s I've flown have about 15k on them....

Latest resources

Back