High Tension Van Rides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zawillif

Was in Omaha the other day and our crew (ASA) had to share a van with a Skywest crew. There was NO conversation for the 10-15 minute ride. Barely a hello, and not 1 goodbye. You could cut the tension with a knife. Has this been happening to anyone else?

Yea, Back in the Day during the United/US Airways Merger talks. US Airways took 12 PDT airplanes (Dash 8's) to Start DC Air. The pilots at Potomic were non-union, they took our planes to fly them on our routes for less money!

However... we musta had bigger balls, because we told them how we felt in the Van!!!

Nope. I have whooped it up on an overnight with some Sky West crews a couple of times. Good times were had by all.
:beer:

Was in Omaha the other day and our crew (ASA) had to share a van with a Skywest crew. There was NO conversation for the 10-15 minute ride. Barely a hello, and not 1 goodbye. You could cut the tension with a knife. Has this been happening to anyone else?

Don't feel bad. We Brasilia people get the same treatment. Perhaps they're just too involved trying to figure out how that whole BHO thing is working :)

Nope. I have whooped it up on an overnight with some Sky West crews a couple of times. Good times were had by all.
:beer:

I hope between the two crews, that you were able to finish the whole pitcher of near beer!!!!!

It amazes me why we are having "tense van rides" when management decides who flies the airplanes and the union lets it go on.

Are we all in this together...? NO please do not kid yourself. Everyone is in it for personal gain. So being pissed off in a van at another pilot is halarious because they person has done nothing wrong except accept a job. Unless of course they work for Go-Jet.

Heard from a van driver in JAX that a TSA crew and a GJ crew got into a fistfight on the van one time.

Just b/c no words are exchanged doesnt mean jack. Its probably b/c i probably could careless what your trip was like, what day your on, where you're based and all those other BS questions that goes in one ear and out the other. To Tired for pleasantrys.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back