Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kilroy

http://www.filecabi.net/v
What is company procedure as to long range ,high speed cruise or normal cruise . I know different flights require different power settings but generally speaking how do u guys operate. This goes for all fractionals.

Nja

PAX flights are usually high speed cruise, unless range is an issue.

Ferry flights are SUPPOSED to be normal cruise to save gas, unless you are in recovery mode (which is most of the time lately.)

If we are trying to make a long flight non stop then long range cruise is often used even though HSC with a fuel stop would be quicker.

That is the way I see it done here anyway.

Hsc

In my humble opinion, if you can't get there in an hour, then its just not worth going !

Since the Pilatus is so slow anyway (.43), we are told to go as fast as possible all the time. I saw .44 2 tours ago! The boots were't flapping, but man, my hair was on fire.......:D

Geronimo4497 said:
Since the Pilatus is so slow anyway (.43), we are told to go as fast as possible all the time. I saw .44 2 tours ago! The boots were't flapping, but man, my hair was on fire.......:D

.43 ? I never knew there was such a thing!

I'll probably drop one in my pants when the mach meter ticks past .60 at my next job. :eek:

We usually do it in TAS, but I wanted to make sure our little fractional didn't get left out. Air data computers are wonderful things........

Last edited:
I do highspeed cruise for everything. Pax or ferry. Problem with the ferrys done at a slower speed is that the time they gave us on the schedule is in high speed cruise.

So if you go slow cruise you'll be late for your pax on the other end.

Fast fast fast. Fuel's cheap, time on the plane is expensive.

Latest resources

Back