• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

High Speed Cruise??

kilroy

http://www.filecabi.net/v
Total Time
7000+
What is company procedure as to long range ,high speed cruise or normal cruise . I know different flights require different power settings but generally speaking how do u guys operate. This goes for all fractionals.

JustInfo

Total Time
Nja

PAX flights are usually high speed cruise, unless range is an issue.

Ferry flights are SUPPOSED to be normal cruise to save gas, unless you are in recovery mode (which is most of the time lately.)

If we are trying to make a long flight non stop then long range cruise is often used even though HSC with a fuel stop would be quicker.

That is the way I see it done here anyway.

Mach92

Total Time
9000+
Normal in the X is high speed cruise. The X does not like to slow down!

p3hawk

Same as it ever was
Total Time
8000+
Hsc

In my humble opinion, if you can't get there in an hour, then its just not worth going !

Geronimo4497

Total Time
Since the Pilatus is so slow anyway (.43), we are told to go as fast as possible all the time. I saw .44 2 tours ago! The boots were't flapping, but man, my hair was on fire.......:D

aeronautic1

Virgil_Tracy
Total Time
Geronimo4497 said:
Since the Pilatus is so slow anyway (.43), we are told to go as fast as possible all the time. I saw .44 2 tours ago! The boots were't flapping, but man, my hair was on fire.......:D

.43 ? I never knew there was such a thing!

Geronimo4497

Total Time
I'll probably drop one in my pants when the mach meter ticks past .60 at my next job. :eek:

We usually do it in TAS, but I wanted to make sure our little fractional didn't get left out. Air data computers are wonderful things........

Last edited:

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Total Time
I do highspeed cruise for everything. Pax or ferry. Problem with the ferrys done at a slower speed is that the time they gave us on the schedule is in high speed cruise.

So if you go slow cruise you'll be late for your pax on the other end.

Fast fast fast. Fuel's cheap, time on the plane is expensive.

miles otoole

Total Time
10k+
Learjet fast, baby. Nothing but the barberpoles. More time to spend in the FBOs eating cookies and complainin'.