Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CODs4ever

Trash Hauler
Other than going back into the military full-time, does anyone know or heard of any flying jobs that start in the $70,000+/year range?

Not necessarily companies that are hiring right now, just pilot positions or types of flying that pay well to start, and are within the continental U.S.

And I'm not talking about corporate jobs where you need a G-V type rating and 5,000 hours to be competitive.

I'm guessing the answer is no, but I'm curious to see what people out there have found...

If you have some experience there are many, otherwise get experience through a regional or airline or SIC corporate.

If you had a GV type you could double 70K!

Prior experience I have, both at airline and military - so are you talking mostly corporate gigs, because I know of no airline that starts in this salary range...

I wish I had a GV type, unfortunately a 73 type doesn't get you much except an interview at SW.

I have heard of some govt jobs that pay well, but when you say there are many, are you referring to corporate part-91?

Feel like working out of country? There are tons of support contracts out there that pay very well but are in some pretty bad places. Recently heard of a job with Evergreen flying a CASA that starts around 85K.

netjets, with the new ta 100 crew bases, 50-70k starting and you can plan on another 8-12% on top with the soft money.

Maybe not first year, but there are plenty of places that you can make that second year. Starting with SWA and plety of charter operators, XOJET maybe with a one year upgrade at 90k+. And as someone pointed out, 18 day base pay at Netjets looks like it will go to 69k first year.

Mr. I.

I'll second NetJets. After the vote passes you can easily make $70k the first year and live just about anywhere in the country. You will have to get in line though...They are probably getting hundreds of resumes per day.

Alaska probably pays the biggest money for the smallest aircraft in the remotest areas over possibly the most scenic landscape on the planet....

But none of it means anything if you don't have a quality of life worth living.

Ronin

What do you want to do? I turned down a Lear 135 job a month and a half ago that was paying 75,000. Lear jobs can be had all day long. Not qualified for the job? Hire on as a SIC and get qualified.

What are you qualified to do? Knowing that would help tailor the answer to your question. Are there jobs which pay well? Sure, of course. Are you qualified to do them? We don't know.

Utility jobs...go spray crops, fight fire, do medevac, log...what do you fly and what are you qualified to do? Corporate. Try a foriegn airline; Cathay pays well right off the bat. Go for ACMI...go fly a MD-11 or 747.

What are your priorities, needs, wants, and goals? All important to knowing how to properly answer your question.

Don't forget sim/ground instuctor positions. Home every night, 70,000 plus per year. Work between 3 and 8 hours per day. Plenty of time off.

Latest resources

Back