• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

high altitude sign off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am trying to get a high altitude sign off and need to find someplace that can give the training. I have the ground training portion completed already (military- altitude chamber) and just need the flight portion. If anyone knows of a school that can give the training that is located in the southeast, the info would be appreciated.

Just in case your looking to save some cash...

Its all pretty similiar, O2 mask on, emergency descent to 10,000 or lower...

But it can be done in a simulator for a lot cheaper than you would pay in a pressurized airplane...

Just a question... Why does one need a high altitude signoff? Wouldn't that be incorporated in you training to fly a pressurized aircraft?

for which you won't receive training?

If you buy a turbine single or light twin you will recieve training if you plan on having insurance

Check www.b737.com, i belive you go through a 737 ground school and then its optional to pay more money to get your high altitude sign off in the sim. But there is a wait to get into the program.

Let's say that you know someone who knows someone who knows someone..............that has a king air 90. He/She flys it for themself or for a rich bank. That aircraft is certified for a single pilot. Let's say you are like me and have 300 total hours but have a multi-commercial certificate. This "friend" asks you if you want to ride along with him. During this flight, he allows you to take the controls and fly the aircraft. If you have your multi but do not have a high performance sign off nor a high altitude endorsement, you can't really log that time legally. However, if you have both endorsements and this happens, guess what? PIC turbine time.

This is where the high altitude sign off really comes in handy.

flyboy said:
However, if you have both endorsements and this happens, guess what? PIC turbine time.

This is where the high altitude sign off really comes in handy.

Uh-huh.
And these are the next interview questions you'll get:

"I see you have XXX hours of turbine PIC, but no dual rec'd in this aircraft."

"Was [the real PIC] of this aircraft an MEI?"
"Can you explain this how you got to be a PIC with no instruction?"

nope......flying the airplane and meeting the qualifications required to log PIC makes you PIC.

Latest resources

Back