• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

high altitude sign off

Total Time
1000+
I am trying to get a high altitude sign off and need to find someplace that can give the training. I have the ground training portion completed already (military- altitude chamber) and just need the flight portion. If anyone knows of a school that can give the training that is located in the southeast, the info would be appreciated.

Acestick

Who's on First??
Total Time
Just in case your looking to save some cash...

Its all pretty similiar, O2 mask on, emergency descent to 10,000 or lower...

But it can be done in a simulator for a lot cheaper than you would pay in a pressurized airplane...

BigFlyr

Total Time
10700+
Just a question... Why does one need a high altitude signoff? Wouldn't that be incorporated in you training to fly a pressurized aircraft?

prpjt

Total Time
for which you won't receive training?

If you buy a turbine single or light twin you will recieve training if you plan on having insurance

SigTauPilot

Total Time
200hrs
Check www.b737.com, i belive you go through a 737 ground school and then its optional to pay more money to get your high altitude sign off in the sim. But there is a wait to get into the program.

flyboy

Total Time
28yrs
Let's say that you know someone who knows someone who knows someone..............that has a king air 90. He/She flys it for themself or for a rich bank. That aircraft is certified for a single pilot. Let's say you are like me and have 300 total hours but have a multi-commercial certificate. This "friend" asks you if you want to ride along with him. During this flight, he allows you to take the controls and fly the aircraft. If you have your multi but do not have a high performance sign off nor a high altitude endorsement, you can't really log that time legally. However, if you have both endorsements and this happens, guess what? PIC turbine time.

This is where the high altitude sign off really comes in handy.

NJA Capt

Total Time
8000+
flyboy said:
However, if you have both endorsements and this happens, guess what? PIC turbine time.

This is where the high altitude sign off really comes in handy.

Uh-huh.
And these are the next interview questions you'll get:

"I see you have XXX hours of turbine PIC, but no dual rec'd in this aircraft."

"Was [the real PIC] of this aircraft an MEI?"
"Can you explain this how you got to be a PIC with no instruction?"

flyboy

Total Time
28yrs
nope......flying the airplane and meeting the qualifications required to log PIC makes you PIC.