Hickory, North Carolina

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snakum said:
There is a well-known, local guy who wants to contract on the Barons when he can (excellent pilot and a good guy), and he has almost 1000 B-58 PIC, in addition to prolly 4000 total. The insurance company said "No sim ... no go."

If I had 250 hours B-58 PIC (not B-55 mind you) and a week at Simcom, I'd get the seat over him, even if I only had 500 hours. Can you believe that crap?

I brought in resumes from two FlightInfo members earlier this year, one an airline pilot and with (again) hundreds of hours B-58 PIC. Insurance said "Don't bother unless you're going to send them to school."

It's a Baron fer Crissakes!

:uzi: [Insurance Companies]

Minh

Gotta love insurance companies. They will insure a guy with 1500 hours to be PIC in an RJ but will not let a 9000 hour guy fly a Baron that he has 1000 hours PIC in, Gotta love bean counters huh?

Guess I will stick with the 747 for now. I miss flying the little ones though, would have liked a side job in one from time to time.

The real bad part is that I should be making enough to buy my own Baron.....if this were 1985. Bad when the guys flying the things professionally cannot afford the airplanes, and the ones that have no business in an airplane can buy a KingAir or Citation.

Oh well, pardon me whilst I go kick the crap out of the neighbors dog......and cat.....for good measure!:smash:

G-force said:
You would be well advised to avoid at all costs Profile Aviation Services since back in the mid 1990's they were doing on-demand charter with no PT. 135 certificate,had atleast a couple of accidents,bent some metal,did not hear of any injuries.They were supposed to have acquired a PT.135 certificate a couple of years ago.They also were operating aircraft,for #88,Dale Jarrett,the NASCAR driver,don't know if that is still the case.Would you really want to fly for someone who cuts corners like this outfit?????????I don't believe I would,it could mean certificate action by the FEDS!!!!!

Profile is one of those companies you never hear anything good about. Even when you allow for ticked off pilots and the "sour grapes" types there isnt usually this much smoke without an ember or two lurking around. Probably good advice from G-force

Latest resources

Back