Hickory, North Carolina

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not many

Hey, not too many going around there in Hickory. You may want to take a look at Mountain Air Cargo. Aside from them, you may want to stroll up the road to Greensboro and ask around there. If I think of some more operators, I'll let you know.

Good luck.

W

Someone told me Comscope was in need of contract pilots, but I haven't checked into it myself. The race teams might be looking, they seem to have a pretty big turn-over.

Aside from them, you may want to stroll up the road to Greensboro and ask around there.
Nothing around GSO, unfortunately. Lotsa contractors all chasing the same few seats. :(

Unless, of course, you have 250 PIC B-58 and are sim current on it. If that's the case ... I can help. :D

Minh
(I hate insurance companies. I'll be in the right seat till I'm so old I can't pass a medical. :( )

I found these operators in Hickory, NC off of www.Bizjetjobs.com Corporate Flight Department directory, hope this helps.

COMM/SCOPE, INC.
2908 2nd Ave.
Hickory, NC 28601
828-323-4954
Fax 828-322-6118
Jeff Wofford, Manager
[email protected]
They 1 Lear 55 and 1 Lear 31A.

FLIGHT WORKS, INC.
P.O. Box 2268
Hickory, NC 28603
828-323-8250
FAx 828-322-7084
Jim Dubois - Aviation Manager
[email protected]

(1) BE400

PROFILE AVIATION SERVICES
2910A 2nd Ave. NW
Hickory, NC 28601
828-322-3291
Fax 828-345-1930

(1) BE-200

These were the only 3 operators that I had listed. There are about 15-17 operators in Greensboro, too many to list here, hope this helps,

Koop

Last edited:
Snakum said:
Nothing around GSO, unfortunately. Lotsa contractors all chasing the same few seats. :(

Unless, of course, you have 250 PIC B-58 and are sim current on it. If that's the case ... I can help. :D

Minh
(I hate insurance companies. I'll be in the right seat till I'm so old I can't pass a medical. :( )

Sim for a 58? Don't tell me that the insurance companies are requiring it now.

I am in the area and I might be interested in some side work on a 58. Got 1000+ hours PIC single pilot part 135 in one, however I have never even seen a sim for the thing. I have flown a Baron through every type of weather imaginable while hauling freight, and brought 3 back with one engine failed, however if they require a sim check.....I guess I am underqualified to fly a light twin nowadays!!

Know anybody that needs a Citation driver? Current in that puppy and i could use some contract work on my days off.

To slowjet

You would be well advised to avoid at all costs Profile Aviation Services since back in the mid 1990's they were doing on-demand charter with no PT. 135 certificate,had atleast a couple of accidents,bent some metal,did not hear of any injuries.They were supposed to have acquired a PT.135 certificate a couple of years ago.They also were operating aircraft,for #88,Dale Jarrett,the NASCAR driver,don't know if that is still the case.Would you really want to fly for someone who cuts corners like this outfit?????????I don't believe I would,it could mean certificate action by the FEDS!!!!!

Sim for a 58? Don't tell me that the insurance companies are requiring it now.
There is a well-known, local guy who wants to contract on the Barons when he can (excellent pilot and a good guy), and he has almost 1000 B-58 PIC, in addition to prolly 4000 total. The insurance company said "No sim ... no go."

If I had 250 hours B-58 PIC (not B-55 mind you) and a week at Simcom, I'd get the seat over him, even if I only had 500 hours. Can you believe that crap?

I brought in resumes from two FlightInfo members earlier this year, one an airline pilot and with (again) hundreds of hours B-58 PIC. Insurance said "Don't bother unless you're going to send them to school."

It's a Baron fer Crissakes!

:uzi: [Insurance Companies]

Minh

Last edited:
slowjet said:
Anyone know of any quality corporate or charter jobs in Hickory (HKY)?
Thanks for any info.

Slowjet,

I don't know your particulars, but if you do have 6000hrs , and the fractional business interests you, CitationShares has just opened a pilot base in GSO.

Just trying to help.

X

Latest resources

Back