Hey Skywest pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ifly4food said:
How about addressing safety concerns with management?

SKYW has one of the best safety records in the industry. Your other justifications for a union have some merit but I'd think twice before insinuating that management is not concerned with safety. Do you have some examples that indicate otherwise?

jayme said:
This is the attitude that needs to change at SkyWest.

If you weren't out there cheerleading for ALPA when things were great in the late 90s (awesome pay, great work rules, lots of hiring), then STFU now that the business environment sucks and bankruptcy judges are deciding what we are to be paid.

Maybe it's the industry thats changing little jayme.

ALPA isn't helping from what I can see, and to pay 2% for the next 4-5 years to stagnate the contract while Worthless get half a mil a year is bullsh!t.

Let's see what ASA gets then decide. From what I hear most of them say is they want SkyWest work rules.

The sun keeps doing down with $30 million a quarter

CFIT said:
Maybe it's the industry thats changing little jayme.

ALPA isn't helping from what I can see, and to pay 2% for the next 4-5 years to stagnate the contract while Worthless get half a mil a year is bullsh!t.

Let's see what ASA gets then decide. From what I hear most of them say is they want SkyWest work rules.

A big A$$ waste of time. We have already waited long enough. Why don't we just wait until SKYW inc. starts up an LLC and then we can just hang out in the crew lounge and BS and talk about waiting to get bigger planes and fly them for nickels. I don't get the whole wait around strategy. It's been too long to talk about waiting. It may be time to ask why are we not getting our own work rules improved along with a better contract on pay. OH WAIT. Weare only making $30 million a quarter. I guess when it hits $40 mill a quarter the egos might make a reasonable offer. Until then lets be pro-active and not wait around waiting for someone else to pony up and demand some fair compensation.

Latest resources

Back