• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Skywest pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. ALPA will take 2% of your paycheck and 4 years of your life waiting for a better contract. And you will get nothing.. Look around, if alpa can't negotiate somthing, a arbitrator will give you industry average. .In a SkyWest pilots terms that means you will take a pay cut...

"will give you industry average"

One track mind. Money isn't the reason many of us want ALPA. I live quite comfortably on what I make now. Yes to answer your question, I was union elsewhere.

amcnd said:
I agree. ALPA will take 2% of your paycheck and 4 years of your life waiting for a better contract. And you will get nothing.. Look around, if alpa can't negotiate somthing, a arbitrator will give you industry average. .In a SkyWest pilots terms that means you will take a pay cut...

Are you saying with a straight face that you have BETTER protections against unfair pay cuts WITHOUT a union?!! Oh, and how about unjust discipline? How about addressing safety concerns with management?

A union is a lot more than just contract negotiations.

yeah, vote in ALPA!!

maybe then we can be 'cool' and 'in the crowd' with our 'fellow' pilots...let's look around, they are:

furloughing,

taking pay cuts/freezes,

losing business,

etc., etc., etc.,

flame on!!!!!!!!!!

FORMER ALPA-YES

changes needed? sure. alpa THE answer? hard to make that case

utahpilot said:
yeah, vote in ALPA!!

maybe then we can be 'cool' and 'in the crowd' with our 'fellow' pilots...let's look around, they are:

furloughing,

taking pay cuts/freezes,

losing business,

etc., etc., etc.,

flame on!!!!!!!!!!

FORMER ALPA-YES

D0uchebag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

utahpilot said:
yeah, vote in ALPA!!

furloughing,

taking pay cuts/freezes,

losing business,

etc., etc., etc.,

flame on!!!!!!!!!!

FORMER ALPA-YES

This is the attitude that needs to change at SkyWest.

If you weren't out there cheerleading for ALPA when things were great in the late 90s (awesome pay, great work rules, lots of hiring), then STFU now that the business environment sucks and bankruptcy judges are deciding what we are to be paid.

ifly4food said:
How about addressing safety concerns with management?
To be fair, SkyWest management has been exceptionally proactive on the safety front. We've had an excellent ASAP program for years now while some ALPA carriers still don't. Don't get me wrong, I think the benefits of ALPA far outweigh the negatives, but I think worrying about the safety aspect is barking up the wrong tree. We should focus more on policy manual ("contract") issues, negotiation, multiple concessions with nothing in return, etc.

Hey Utahpilot, have any of those things happened at Expressjet? If you've "looked around" you might have realized that they are:
-Hiring (not furloughing)
-Have an industry leading total compensation package (not pay cuts),
-Have industry-leading work-rules (long call reserve, 401K, vacation accrual, etc.)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back