Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rook

And shepherds we shall be
Took one of your 1900 F/O's from STL to MKE today. Connie something. If you could just pass on a "you're welcome" to her, it would be appreciated. She bailed with all the other pax when the door opened. Maybe she was late for work but I doubt it cuz she wasnt in uniform. Nothing against you guys but I almost had her confused for a mainliner with that disappearing act.

Rook

Ever see that Seinfeld episode where Jerry refused to say "Thank You" 15,000 times for the hockey tickets his buddy gave him?

Can we PLEASE get over the profuse need to be thanked for EVERYTHING????

Thanks.

He obviously was going to try and fish for some digits on her way out, but she escaped! Predator. Run Connie run!!!!!!! Seriously.....I'm sure she said her please and thank you's as she boarded. Altering your deplaning process for the need of thanking the crew one last time is completely ridiculous....now if you have a ton of bags and are getting in the way of paying passengers that's another thing...I'm sure the guys at Skyway are probably hunting her down right now. That will be the last time she tries a stunt like that again! AD

Rook is right on. Jumpseating is a privilege, not a right, and jumpseating etiquette has been slipping slowly but surely over the last decade, just as the quality of new-hire at most regionals has (and I believe the two are, at their roots, related).

If you are jumpseating, you politely ASK for the jumpseat, not come on board and say, "Hey, I'm jumpseating, can you sign this?" Immediate response was, "No, you're not".

If you are jumpseating, you introduce yourself to the flight attendant, she (or he) is a member of the flight crew and deserves a basic level of respect.

If you are jumpseating and the aircraft is full, you put one of your bags under the seat in front of you, NOT taking up two (or three) spaces of overhead.

If you are jumpseating, you DO NOT leave the aircraft until the rest of the PAYING PASSENGERS have deplaned.

If you are jumpseating, you THANK THE CREW on the way out.

All of the above were actual scenarios I've experienced over the last 4 years at this company.

Next time Rook sees that particular jumpseater (and we have a tendency to repeat the same trip several times over a month's time so there's a good chance he will), maybe we'll see her online b*tching about how PCL turned her down for a ride to/from work.

Everybody longs for the "good 'ole days of aviation" - that includes absolutely top-notch manners and decorum, you gotta give it to get it.

Lear70 said:
Rook is right on. Jumpseating is a privilege, not a right, and jumpseating etiquette has been slipping slowly but surely over the last decade, just as the quality of new-hire at most regionals has (and I believe the two are, at their roots, related).

If you are jumpseating, you politely ASK for the jumpseat, not come on board and say, "Hey, I'm jumpseating, can you sign this?" Immediate response was, "No, you're not".

If you are jumpseating, you introduce yourself to the flight attendant, she (or he) is a member of the flight crew and deserves a basic level of respect.

If you are jumpseating and the aircraft is full, you put one of your bags under the seat in front of you, NOT taking up two (or three) spaces of overhead.

If you are jumpseating, you DO NOT leave the aircraft until the rest of the PAYING PASSENGERS have deplaned.

If you are jumpseating, you THANK THE CREW on the way out.

Couldn't agree more.

I happen to know Rook and he's one of the classiet guys I know. It must of been a fairly obvious breach of courtesy for him to mention it, especially about a lady.

Caveman said:
I happen to know Rook and he's one of the classiet guys I know. It must of been a fairly obvious breach of courtesy for him to mention it, especially about a lady.

Uh yeah...the "classy" thing to do would have been to communicate through his js coordinator to Skyway's js coordinator. Not to call out, by name, on a public forum, a person whom he thought acted wrongly.

BTW, Skyway only has 300 pilots, and only one Connie. I really don't know what you were trying to accomplish by putting names out...

Oh yeah almost forgot.......THANK YOU

Latest resources

Back