Hey Positive Space riders!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

drinksonme

STOP F***ING LISTING FOR THE JUMPSEAT!!!!!!

This is huge problem. You HAVE a seat, the commuter in line waiting behind you to list DOES NOT! Why the F are you trying to "help out the other non-revs" that are probably regular passengers who already have a seat on another flight, but got to the airport early. You are screwing your comrades. Stop thinking you know how many jumpseats are on the plane, you probably do not and besides what if there are two jumpseaters trying! Stop kissing gate agents arses, they will not be your friend or help you out when you need it...you probably will never see them again unless you commute from a small city.

This mainly applies to non-commuters, because they are clueless to the plight of commuters, but there are some commuters who do this. Stop. I do not care if it is for training and your normally not a commuter, are traveling with your family and will gets seats, or need your ego mentally masterbated by yourself thinking your a good person for doing this. You should know better and stop. Here is an idea, if you really want to be a go getter who gets a book-it sticker or gold star.....wait till the very end of boarding!!!!!! Then, and only then, say you can do the jump to help out. Then you can be a double star and check your bags too.

Oh anyone who want to give commuters sh!t for commuting, stop thinking the world revolves around your a$$ and your decision are the best. People have families, family members with jobs, kids in school, houses they can not just up as sell, an appreciation for not living in crappy place that cost too much (not all domiciles, but a lot suck to live near), and ultimately it is their choice.

SO WITH THAT RANT.....STOP LISTING IF YOU ARE POSTIVE SPACE.

Taking the Jumpseat so a family member can get a seat is a no brainer, and I'm a commuter. As far as the positive space stuff is concerned, yeah you are right.

I would never do something like this. A month ago we had an agent trying to get our DH to list for the JS so she can get other rev passenger on. There was also one of our Jumpseater trying to get to work. She was pissed when both the DH turned her down.

As a captain I've denied the Jumpseat to PS riders. If they are guaranteed a seat in back that's where they go. They have good intentions(and some times no b@lls), but they need to learn to say no.

As a captain I've denied the Jumpseat to PS riders. If they are guaranteed a seat in back that's where they go. They have good intentions(and some times no b@lls), but they need to learn to say no.

We need more of YOUR type!

Yeah I never understood those pilots who say they will take the jumpseat to get one extra passenger on board. I had a bad weather day, with a long flight and an alternate listed and since I was positive space and Delta had over sold the flight the gate agent asked me to take the jumpseat to get 1 more on board. I said "what if the weight and balance restricts the jumpseat from being used, will you pull a passenger so I can get my seat back." She was less that convincing that she would do so, so I said no I will just take my seat. Suddenly I was the bad guy. Well, I am not going to get a no show so Delta can continue to over sell flights.

If I'm deadheading and a Gate agent ask if I will take the jumpseat to get an extra Pax on I do 2 things.

1) I ask if there are any Jumpseaters listed and I physically look around.
2) I tell the gate agent to let the crew know that they'd like to put a DH crewmember in the cockpit. I don't feel I should ask the crew to ride up front when I'm doing them (gate agent) and passenger a favor.

Simply/Easy

What does your union contract say?! Most have statements in them that say you may not ride the jumpseat if poz space with the possible exception of on your own company aircraft...

Does anybody here abide by their contractual requirements and protections?!

I'm gonna be honest here. I have offered and been requested by a gate agent to ride the jump to board another nonrev on 1 or 2 occasions in the past. I'm not a commuter and have never taken this scenario into consideration. WSurf's approach is solid. Definitely going to do that from now on.

Latest resources

Back