• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G

grounded92

Hello all,

Hope all is well with you QS folks. After some rough air in 2010 and 2011 I am stabilized and doing well. Sounds like you have been working fairly hard over there and I wish you all the best as you struggle with the new realities.

What I need help with is fuel burn (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th hour) info on the G200 and C680. I could also use the Challenger 300 numbers as those are the airframes the owner is considering moving up into.

Yes I know many of you will say buy the Conklin/Decker reports.....I did and I believe the numbers are sales numbers. I'm looking for "no bull********************" numbers based on experience.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Bill Knapp

Glad you found a stable gig. Can't help you with the fuel burn numbers on the Galaxy and the 680, but my advice? Put the boss in the CL 300 and don't look back. FAR superior airplane in all respects.

My $.02 given with the FI discount. Good luck.

Conservative Fuel burn numbers cruising at .80

1st Hr: 2400 with taxi fuel and 1 hr APU Burn
2ndHr: 1800
3rd : 1600
4th : 1600
5th : 1600
6th : 1500

The above fuel numbers are close for the 680 but it won't do M.80. I have seen anywhere from M.74 to M.78 at FL410/FL430. The only place the 680 is better is on a 4000 foot runway or high and hot. Even then I don't think it is a better plane than the 300. I hope that helps.

Do you need a strut wiper? Is it commutable...

:p

Hello all,

Hope all is well with you QS folks. After some rough air in 2010 and 2011 I am stabilized and doing well. Sounds like you have been working fairly hard over there and I wish you all the best as you struggle with the new realities.

What I need help with is fuel burn (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th hour) info on the G200 and C680. I could also use the Challenger 300 numbers as those are the airframes the owner is considering moving up into.

Yes I know many of you will say buy the Conklin/Decker reports.....I did and I believe the numbers are sales numbers. I'm looking for "no bull********************" numbers based on experience.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Bill Knapp

300pilot and Wiley21 Thank you very much for the data! With average leg lengths being less than 1.5 your hourly burn info is more useful that the marketing data based on 3 hour legs.
Quickshot you are correct the CL300 is a better airplane, but the C680 has acquisition costs that are several million dollars less.
Lazyb we currently don't need a strut wiper. Our two man flight department currently has two 495'ers and we have good options for a third leg.

Thanks again,

Bill

G200 numbers are:

Those are the basic numbers.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Latest resources

Back