Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey guys. Look what we can look forward to one day!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IXLR8 said:
Bush wants the foreign owner ship to go through..unreal.....

Why is it "unreal"? If anyone here thinks those in power in this or any other country give a $h!t about us worker bees, they're nuts!

Bush and every other trust-fund-baby/Forbes 400/politician-whore has theirs. We are just high priced immigrant labor with fewer rights... TC

i bet its better than working at mesaba.......hell, i can bring my own water and nuts on a plane.......and to make 60 grand is a lot better than less than 30 now.....

I don't know what you guys are looking at but it sure is not a comparison of living. you must only be looking at what that breaks down to in USD, not a wise thing to do. Captains make up to 100,000GBP is what it states. You live where you are based. So if you look at that in London versus, say oh shot in the dark here, Louisville. You would be making UP TO $62,585 as a senior captain. yeah you better re-think that open skies thing because these guys will eat our lunch if they are able to fly free in the US. Just like the maritime and steel industry.

Last edited:
shon7 said:
what happened to "let the free market rule."

Are you a worshipper of the free market? Look back on history. The original capitalists in top hats, so often mocked in Pravda cartoons during the cold war, employed child labor in grueling sweat shops... because they could. Monopolies and predatory business practices became the order of the day. Google the history of Standard oil.

If ALL restraints were removed, and OSHA and the government utterly vanished, every store would be a big-box Wal-mart staffed by Guatemalans at $1.00/hour, every car a KIA or Yugo, and every airline a Ryan-air, where you can't charge your cell-phone because of the electricity cost.

Latest resources

Back