Hey General Lee....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

maddog805

If I remember right you said that SkyWest couldn't fly the United airplanes into SLC and compete with big D. What do you think of SkyWest doing SLC- LAX and SLC- SFO for United now? Maybe you didn't say that, correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT:

I found it:

Posted by General Lee on 03/26/03 at 08:42;

Ok, why haven't you made the big move yet? And, what you said about the United side of your flying competing against Delta----why don't you fly the CRJ's for United from SLC to LAX? Hmmmm. Air Whisky does. I'll tell you why---Delta said you couldn't compete in SLC against Delta.

Last edited:
I think the flights out of SLC are Air Wisconsin. On Flightlookup.com it has the departures listed as 5000 series numbers which is us. Have you found something different?

SkyWest starts flying SLC-SFO, LAX, DEN for United on May 5.

Say it isn't so! The all knowing omnipotent General Lee was wrong about some of SkyWest dealings with Big Daddy Delta. H@ll I figured G.L. played golf with Leo Mullin every week and was in the know. Now I'm not going to be too sure about the veracity of his future posts. Maybe CMR pilots don't have as much to worry about since the General has proven to be wrong in a big way.
Well General, any comments????

Tyler Durden said:
I think the flights out of SLC are Air Wisconsin. On Flightlookup.com it has the departures listed as 5000 series numbers which is us. Have you found something different?

I just checked a couple of random dates in May for SLC-SFO and they came up as 6700 series flight numbers. Methinks those might be SkyWest numbers. Can anyone confirm?

Man alive, you guys are good. I was working off of bad intel, but I had actually heard that awhile back. You are right, and I am now wrong. I am not too proud to say that. Things have changed, but that is why Air Wisc did initially fly to LAX from SLC. Why else would Air Wisc fly from SLC-LAX when Skywest was based there? Makes sense, doesn't it? Now it has changed. Thanks for correcting me.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool: ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back