• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jumpseater

"By the way, we supposedly start CASS today, on the 26th of July."

Bye Bye--General Lee

On another thread you mentioned that Delta had CASS up and running any word? Also how about multiple jumpseaters?

Last edited:
Jumpseater said:
"By the way, we supposedly start CASS today, on the 26th of July."

Bye Bye--General Lee

On another thread you mentioned that Delta had CASS up and running any word? Also how about multiple jumpseaters?

I believe CASS is up and running, but I haven't been to work since it started. I go back on Friday. As far as multiple jumpseats, we have a current deal with Southwest, and we tried with AA but they supposedly nixed the deal. I would like it with every airline, but the jumpseat coordinators have to work that out. I don't exactly know who deals with whom.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What's the intial cost involved in getting CASS up an running? Our airline is using the excuse that the cost is too much and it is not a benefit to the company, only to the pilots.

The cost is whatever your management tells you it is. If the programming involved takes 1000 man-hours, and for argument's sake you say you bill that department out to other departments at $200/hour, it costs $200,000.

Some airlines just implement because it helps them get their pilots to work instead of calling in sick when they can't commute.

FL

The cost of CASS is...

schafjet said:
What's the intial cost involved in getting CASS up an running? Our airline is using the excuse that the cost is too much and it is not a benefit to the company, only to the pilots.

...$$$$$. $1000 to join, $600 a year. So $8200 the first year and $7200 every year after that. It does not matter how many pilots are on your seniority list. The price is the same for an airline of 100 pilots or 10000 pilots.

Contact Mr. Dave Thatcher at ARINC in Annapolis, MD. He is in charge of the CASS program and will give your JS Coordinator all the particulars.

Good Luck,

Captain Jeff Helgeson
Allegiant Air
Jumpseat Coordinator Chairman

Latest resources

Back