• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Ameriflight Guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Moving to Rock Springs, ugh... sorry dude! When I was a poor, starving Mesa FO I was based there for 9-10 months... and hated it. Like Barnyard said, it's a depressing sort of place. At least in the winter I didn't have to shovel any snow; the wind was always blowing hard enough to blow it away!

The one almost good thing I found there was Mike's Astro Lounge downtown. A dive strip joint with one stage and a small bar. No cover charge, nurse a beer, tip the girls a coupla bucks; I hate being cheap, but on Mesa FO pay... anyone know if Mike's is still there?

barnyard Where's your King Air gig? I'm from Beantown. -Barnyard[/QUOTE said:
I'm based in the Northern Virginia area.

I have been to beantown once -what a blast !! That is a very cool city. lots of great pubs with good beer ! I guess I can see your point of view about RKS ! That just made me realize, where the heck am I going to find a good bowl of clam chowder in RKS ? Maybe I'll try at Mikes Astro lounge.

also-does AMF pay or let you jumpseat to the interview ?

Thanks-Balou

balou,
neither, you'll have to find your way to BUR or wherever the interview is. anyway, good luck, it's a good base with good people.

If you start in the pistons do you have to go to the BE-99 first? Is there a set path. And can you go from the 99 to the 1900 or does everybody go to the metro first?

Great Lakes Airkines serves RKS.. They have 1900s, RKS overnights, and terrible pay, but with your time you'll be a capt asap then you could survive in RKS on capt pay.. just another option from a current freight dggie

it's pretty rare to skip the 99 out of the pistons unless you get into the e120. otherwise it's like anywhere else. you bid a line, and if you have seniority and are qualified you get the run. in other words, not too many lance captains jumping straight into the metro.

Also check out Skywest and any other airline in Denver. I don't think the commute would be that tough from RKS.

Hey, Balou:

The RKS run went to the 3rd most junior guy...

The one below him was awarded a run that usually goes fairly senior, and the next one was awarded a run that he asked nicely for so he could work there during the day. That run usually goes junior.

Hope this helps...
-Barn

Latest resources

Back