Hey Ameriflight Guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Balou

Can someone tell me some info on the Rock springs, Wy run.
Is it based out of SLC
What time it leaves/arrives
Where does the a/c sit on Weekends, SLC/BIL/RKS ?
How long would it take a new hire to hold that run ?

any or all info is appreciated esp where the a/c sits on weekends?

Thanks !!

AMF 1832

M-F SLC-RKS 0635-0745
RKS-SLC 1830-1940 AC Returns as 1831

AMF 1834

SA SLC-RKS 0800-0845
RKS-JAC 0900-0945
JAC-SLC 1630-1725 AC returns as 1833

Hope that helps.

Dont know how the seniorty runs out in SLC, it migh take a while it might not, Only one way to find out!

RKS Info.

Hey Beerguy-

this is the full scoop.

Linetech gave the average block times for the Rock Springs (or as I call it: Hell, Wyoming) run.

It generally is unpopular with us, thus going junior. Here's why:

1) We have no car in RKS. Usually I will call upon landing for the hotel van which takes 20-25 minutes. very inconvienient compared to runs where you don't have to be on the hotel van schedule.

2) We stay at the Comfort Inn in town which has a decent continental breakfast with waffles but once you are there, with no car you are pretty much stuck. There are a few restaraunts around and a Wal-Mart within wlaking distance but that doesn't provide too much excitement. I did the run a few times last winter so didn;t get out to explore too much.

3) This is almost always the last run to arrive at night. With any strong wind out of the west you will have a terrible groundspeed.

4) It usually goes quite heavy, you fly lots of heavy oil rig and truck parts packaged poorly. I have heard of a couple guys that wanted to stop flying it due to their sore backs.

5) Rock springs is depressing!!! One of the hotel van drivers was talking about shooting cops one day if he got pulled over. another teenage van driver stopped working after he got arrested after pulling a gun on an undercover officer attemping to buy his Meth. not to base the townsfolk off the van drivers, but you get the picture.

6) Semi-comf hotel with good cable.

7) The FBO workers Suck! they are usually about cruising the airport. Sucks if you need fuel/deice pronto.

8) Plane stays in SLC

9) Saturday run just stops for a few minutes to unload, then on to Jackson. I got back at about 230 PM from Jackson this past Sat. Saturdays go up for bid seperate and they have been going fairly senior due to an easy 8 units (pay).

10) I drink Widmer Hefeweizen, preferably purchased in WY. PM for my shipping address.

Cya-
Barnyard

Thanks barnyard ! thats the kind of info i'm looking for esp from someone on the route. The reason I'm so interested in rock springs is because I'm moving there in about a month, for family reasons.
If I had that run (and Ameriflight would hire me !) I would get to go home rather than the hotel. By the way would the company pay for a hotel in slc, instead of rks ? I know I would have to wait to get that route, but in my situation rks would be desirable and I would want to stay on it for a long time. Does it work that way there, or do they send you on diffrent routes from the same hub ?
Are there any 4-day/night runs out of SLC ?
Also, do the 99s have an auto-pilot ??

I'm glad you picked a good beer !! Are you still on that run ?
I can bring it to you in rks in about a month. I'd help you drink it but I'm sure you'd want to get back to SLC first !! I'm on the East coast right now flying a King Air 90, and I really need to find a Job in that area.

The more you can tell me= more beer !

Thanks-Balou

Balou said:
By the way would the company pay for a hotel in slc, instead of rks ?
I know I would have to wait to get that route, but in my situation rks would be desirable and I would want to stay on it for a long time.
Are there any 4-day/night runs out of SLC ?
Also, do the 99s have an auto-pilot ??
Are you still on that run ?

Probly not... you're always welcome to crash at the crew layover here, but it's a 2 bedroom with 2 pilots in it already (they might get testy about it, they're oficially outstationed.) Our management here in SLC is very good with working with us to keep us happy, but this may be a stretch, especially with someone brand new to the company.

I'll let you know how the bid goes for that run in Aug.

Everyone is mon morn-fri evening except me, I fly the only bank run of it's kind at the base mon night- fri morn; but that's ruined by a early Monday morning UPS out-and back to Boise, I get off by about 9AM.

No Autopilots.

Nope.

Where's your King Air gig? I'm from Beantown.

-Barnyard

barnyard said:
Everyone is mon morn-fri evening except me, I fly the only bank run of it's kind at the base mon night- fri morn; but that's ruined by a early Monday morning UPS out-and back to Boise, I get off by about 9AM.

-Barnyard

Im trying to think of what flight that it, im drawing a blank here lol.

Wouldnt be 411/111 would it? Im trying to think of who ships on the flight, oh I think it is cause checks come off the lear that go to SLC.

If you do fly that run! Use a GPU for once LOL

Latest resources

Back