Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here's another - feeder route altitudes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
swerpipe and midlifeflyer - thanks, that's what I suspected, but wasn't certain about.

DAS - if BPT RONs happen, I'll look you up.

mmmdonut - you're an idiot.
How many times in that CRJ of yours have you been cleared to fly an approach like you described?
Never, but it could happen and I didn't know the answer, so I asked. You are a waste of oxygen. I'm finished with you.

*adds mmmdonut to "Ignore" list*

Swerpipe said:
RJFLYER,

It is amazing that people instead of giving an answer engage in personal attacks..
I'm guessing that since that came right after my response, that you are considering me to by one of these "people". If that's the case, mine wasn't a "personal attack", it was an attempt to tactfully shut that Doofus up and maybe even get him to think(remote possibility that it may be!)about actually trying to learn something new. I'm sorry my answer wasn't up to your standards or within your acceptable guidelines!

Not directed to you

Uncle Sparky said:
I'm guessing that since that came right after my response, that you are considering me to by one of these "people". If that's the case, mine wasn't a "personal attack", it was an attempt to tactfully shut that Doofus up and maybe even get him to think(remote possibility that it may be!)about actually trying to learn something new. I'm sorry my answer wasn't up to your standards or within your acceptable guidelines!
Actually Uncle Sparky,

Quite the contrary, I liked your post. As pilots we will never come even close to knowing "enough". Discussions like this one should be encouraged not ridiculed. I think that if a pilot has a question, his peers could offer knowledge or assitance without the "you fly an RJ and you don't know that?" BS. My comments weren't directed at anyone in particular. Let's provide help or assitance or let someone else do it.

RJFlyer said:
mmmdonut - you're an idiot. Never, but it could happen and I didn't know the answer, so I asked. You are a waste of oxygen. I'm finished with you.

*adds mmmdonut to "Ignore" list*

WAAAAAAAAAA!!!! What a crybaby... go back to flight sim ya wannabe.

As pilots we will never come even close to knowing "enough".
Oh yeah! I'm a Navajo pilot and I know everything! Everything between this row and that row. Between the Chickletts and the Gum. Everything between the Chickletts, the gum, and the watch , and the bear.

Sorry, that was a tragic attempt at the Steve Martin line from THE JERK.

But I do agree that this should be a forum for learning and professional development and not a pissing contest. Oh yeah, and we should also burn PFTer's at the stake!

Segmented E Circle

DAS at 10/250 said:
If that does happen, remember that BPT Class D is Class E after hours, so don't cancel airborne without VFR on the field.
Personally know a pilot violated for "overlooking the segmented E line on the chart" and cancelling IFR to "help" center with 2 mile vis on the ground. Great point. BTW love your AVTAR, I think I met her in College.

Midlifer-

I agree with your reference from the AIM, but I have two 'second thoughts' about it though.

1. The AIM indicates that it is part of the approach clearance, but does that by extension automatically mean that it part of the approach, as in "maintain 3000 until established on the approach".

2. I could see this being one of those deals where you could ask ten different controllers or feds and get ten different answers.

That being said, I think the following logic applies.

If you flying feeder route you are very likely non-radar.
It follows that it is very unlikely that there is going to be another aircraft anywhere near you. If you are all alone in the area, it makes no difference if you descend to the feeder altitude or not, since you know you have obstacle protection,, and the only other reason to wait would be traffic separation.
(With this one caution: if ATC left you hanging a few thousand feet higher as you hit the feeder route, it might be wise to find out why.)

DAS at 10/250 said:
Oh yeah! I'm a Navajo pilot and I know everything! Everything between this row and that row. Between the Chickletts and the Gum. Everything between the Chickletts, the gum, and the watch , and the bear.

Sorry, that was a tragic attempt at the Steve Martin line from THE JERK.

!
I remember when I found my "special purpouse".
Actually Uncle Sparky,

Quite the contrary, I liked your post. As pilots we will never come even close to knowing "enough". Discussions like this one should be encouraged not ridiculed. I think that if a pilot has a question, his peers could offer knowledge or assitance without the "you fly an RJ and you don't know that?" BS. My comments weren't directed at anyone in particular. Let's provide help or assitance or let someone else do it.Yesterday 18:27
I sort of assumed that might be the case. Pride and misinterpretation of intent in translation through the typed word got the best of me?! Sorry.........
mmmdonut said:
WAAAAAAAAAA!!!! What a crybaby... go back to flight sim ya wannabe.
I'm embarassed that I defended your right to speak freely in a past thread! I'm would venture to guess that even your own homosexual community collectively cringes at the thought of the existence of guys like you.

Phil,

I'm curious. Do you have the same second thoughts about descending to the depicted altitude on any other approach segment from procedure turn outbound to the MDA or DA?

If not, can you show me the rule or AIM paragraph that says it's okay?

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but this is one of those situations in which you'll get 10 different answers from those who don't know the answer and only one from those who do.

Ahhh grasshopper, but those occur after the IAF, hence I am absolutely confident that they are part of the approach, therefore I am established for certain.

A feeder route? I know that I am safe. but am I guaranteed that I am legal?
Probably, but I am not 100% convinced from the AIM reference you cite.
It is conceivable that the AIM reference was only intended to cover lateral navigation, not vertical.

Would I go ahead and go down to the feeder altitude with 'only' an approach clearance with an altitude to maintain until established? Sure, who is gonna ctch me non-radar. Muhahaha! Either way, this one is mostly academic for the reason I stated in my previous post.

Latest resources

Back