Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here's a new one from NJA, pretty funny.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not trying to tell you how you should feel. I'm trying to tell you that it is poor judgment to broadcast information the company considers sensitive, I happen to disagree about the sensative part and that we haven't forgotten the 495. We gave up quite a bit for you guys. As did I. If you'd stop dividing everything between us and them as far as sacrifices, '05 contract etc. there wouldn't be a problem. My paycheck took just a big a hit as yours % wise. I'm sorry you are furloughed. I'm sorry you feel we pissed on you. Never said I felt pissed on. annoyed by alot of what has been said by the "senior" staff maybe. I just don't know what else we could have done for our furloughed. Since I haven't seen any other suggestions, I'm guessing you have no other ideas as well? I WILL pass them on if you do. Well for starters, msg. board consideration would have been nice so we know whats going on a bit. The furlough section isn't quite cutting it. Certain members of the group moderating CONFIDENTIAL info and then explaining it isn't for public use. As if we were now the public. And now some are complaining when this type of thread comes up as if they didn't know some mud would be slung when we were in fact cut off.

[/QUOTE]

I started this thread purely for tha fact that now everything is being censored. and it's being censored from the pilots on furlough. Fine if you want to keep it from owners etc. But to deem us "public." and honestly, did you think that some one wouldn't tell one of their buddies about recurrents etc. (which BTW wasn't me, I don't keep in touch with anyone there, except a few furloughees) So I was simply relaying what I and most others heard before the post was moderated. and yes I did post it here out of a bit of spite.

Thats why i stated that it was funny in the title. I understand you may be one of those types that is afraid of msg. board rumors or getting caught by the man. But I'm not. and I don't make 130K, probably never will at NJA. Atleast not for a very, very long time.

First of all, who is censoring this info from the 495? Have you contacted the FWG? The funny thing is, that the info that started all of this is not really news.

Seeing as how the eboard denied access, then reviewed the appeal and decided to maintain the decision, I'd wager that access isn't going to happen. I'll pass on the request none the less.

It doesn't matter what you or I consider sensitive, it's what the company considers sensitive. The information you referred to being censored is that exact info. My family depends on my salary, and I will not risk it.

I have no doubt that you will eventually get the info from one of your buddies. I was in the recurrent class in question, and I'm telling you that I heard a member of senior management stress over and over again that the information was confidential. I personally don't believe that if you want to keep information from getting out that you should tell a room full of 80 people. Someone is going to leak it. I would suggest you, for your sake, to remember that you still have a seniority number and that you signed the same confidentiality agreement I did.

What info are you considering confidential fisch that CRJ has posted? I don't see how rumors can be considered as "confidential company information." If he was stating specific performance numbers, data, marketing strategy or financial numbers then yeah, maybe that would be considered "confidential." Sounds like you are concerned over nothing.

For some reason the union/pilot group sure has been uptight about censorship and confidential information ever since this furloughed has occured. God forbid any of us furloughed guys get any "top secret" information.

I'm not suggesting that he posted anything. I'm suggesting that he's phishing for someone stupid enough to broadcast it.

All comair furloughed pilots have access to the union board and full support by the union even if it was their first year. Why not you guys?
It is in the bylaws.

Keeping full access to the union message board would have been huge. I've heard the arguments against it, and strongly disagree with them. If other unions managed to do it without upsetting the Department of Labor, we certainly could have figured out how they did it instead of reinventing the wheel (and somehow coming to a different conclusion).

And since the bylaws were being amended anyway at virtually the same time as the furlough, a bylaw provision is not a valid reason to lock them out. Until they've resigned that seniority number, I believe they shouldn't be shut out.

We're seeing the end result of that horrible decision: our dirty laundry on FlightInfo for all to enjoy. :(

I can't find anyone that voted yes for that crap!!!!!

So change the bylaws. Pretty simple, doesn't the pilot group control the union. Remember the furloughed paid their dues and did nothing wrong why treat them like second class citizens. It makes the union look bad. This is when a union is suppossed to shine it's really too bad

I have no doubt that you will eventually get the info from one of your buddies. I was in the recurrent class in question, and I'm telling you that I heard a member of senior management stress over and over again that the information was confidential. I personally don't believe that if you want to keep information from getting out that you should tell a room full of 80 people. Someone is going to leak it. I would suggest you, for your sake, to remember that you still have a seniority number and that you signed the same confidentiality agreement I did.

I would respectfully suggest that if you tell a room full of 80 people that what they're about to be told is strictly confidential, then just the opposite is true (especially if the majority of those in the room are pilots :D). Whomever is doing the talking is fully expecting whatever he/she is saying to be leaked. It's called propaganda.

No it isn't. Plus we have wives accessing the boards. Heck, we're even paying for a whole message board for the non-dues paying NJI pilots. Stop drinking the koolaid Fisch.

Grizz!!! You know me better than that Brother!!! I'm not saying how it should be, I'm just saying how it is. The eboard touched the issue twice, and twice shot it down. I highly doubt that me bringing it up again will do any good, but as promised I will.

Grizz!!! You know me better than that Brother!!! I'm not saying how it should be, I'm just saying how it is. The eboard touched the issue twice, and twice shot it down. I highly doubt that me bringing it up again will do any good, but as promised I will.

It still isn't in the Bylaws man. E Board red herring.

Rumors have been talked about for quite some time now (say, about, forever). That's why they are just rumors. Sheesh.

Latest resources

Back